News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Scottoiler

Started by nickjtc, February 18, 2014, 08:52:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickjtc

I am in the process of installing a Scottoiler on Stanley. I personally would not have a chain driven bike without one. And, no, that is not a prompt to start a chain care thread.  :nono

Anyhoo, I have a location in mind, but wondered where other Steamer/Scottoiler users have put their unit. I am using the single reservoir, not the touring reservoir or a lube tube.

Thanks for any input.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Geoff W

I placed mine on the rail inboard of the left exhaust. It died after about 5-6 years, ( 20-30 k miles) I did not bother to replace it.
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

Sin_Tiger

Mine's in about the same spot.

They can be resurected with a new set of seals normally, pass it to me in the summer and I take it in to the maker in Glasgow.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

nickjtc

Quote from: Geoff W on February 18, 2014, 09:38:57 PM
I placed mine on the rail inboard of the left exhaust.

In that position you have to take the left side panel off to re-fill it??

Geoff W

You can get at it without removing the panel, as the filler is flexible. However it is easier if you remove the panel, it is only three allen bolts, and the seat off.
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

nickjtc

Decided to mount it to the inside of the crash bar on the left hand side. Not particularly aesthetic, but it is easy to get at and getting a vacuum feed is easy off the closest carb.

Sin_Tiger

Looks OK to me, let's face it, never going to look svelte with Thunderbike bars on it  :augie

I would tuck the vent pipe up inside fairing to prevent any cr@p getting in and secure it with a cable tie, the rubber end on the body pops off quite easily, if it does you'll lose it and then you will get water and cr@p in the reservoir.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

nickjtc

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on March 19, 2014, 10:53:10 AM
Looks OK to me, let's face it, never going to look svelte with Thunderbike bars on it

Beauty in the eye of the beholder, perhaps??  :icon_wink: