News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

New seating option

Started by cba191, February 27, 2014, 07:51:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cba191

Just a heads up. These guys are going to have an option available for our girlies in a couple weeks.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=621311
'02 Tiger.  She's the awesome sauce

RideOn2

I've had my SC on my DRZ for almost 4yrs, very comphy and is holding up great.

Chris Canning

I'll be interested to see what it looks like,but expensive seats have the same problem as expensive shocks who wants to spend big bucks on an old bike,their are some but it'll be a limited market.

cba191

$160 to upgrade the seat doesn't seem too bad to me.

Chris Canning

Quote from: cba191 on March 11, 2014, 04:16:14 PM
$160 to upgrade the seat doesn't seem too bad to me.

The Sterling/Dollar exchange rate is good for us Brits at the mo but $160 is cheap blimey  :icon_biggrin:

Mustang

thats 160 for a hunk of foam and a cover .........................
you have to still get it and fit it on your own seat pan  :nod

cba191

I've dropped a boatload on my bike this offseason, but I'm not overly concerned. I'm hoping to put about 50-60,000 miles on it the next 2-3 years. Putting 2k into a bike I paid 4k for is worth it imho. If it improves the performance and increases the enjoyment, who cares about resale. Besides, you have to change out all that crap when you buy new anyways.

tntmo

One long ride and you'll be wishing you spent the money on a good seat.  Seat Concepts is inexpensive compared to other aftermarket seats out there.  I've had a few SC seats on dirt bikes, well worth it.  I currently have a Corbin seat but may get the Seat Concepts seat also. 

Chris Canning

Well blimey if you want to talk seats  :icon_eek:,I've 2 for my XT660 4 for my 1100s 3 for my K1200 but only 2 sets for my Tiger and they are the same just old and new with the only blip when getting sucked into the gel frenzy a few years and go and got out just as quickly  :icon_cry:

The amount of money I get through on bikes frankly is bordering on the outrageous so $160 or £100 even if you have to pay for having it all put together would still be good money,where it gets complicated with the Tiger some go one piece others two and strangely enough a bit like the stock screen we both get on quite well with the stock seat,on a long day start off sitting on the front bit and slowly move to rear of it,all of which has nothing to do with always looking for a better option  :icon_wink:

cba191

cba191

just need to get the new reg installed and put it back together 

stopwatch1

Tell me, cba... how does the seat look from above? Does it appear to be wider where the butt  :pottytrain2 cheeks go? Could you take a pic from above? I'm sure the foam is much more firm than stock, right?
Also, is that a new Wilbers I see in there?

Thanks...

cba191

It is a little wider. The 24" marker is dead center on the two. It feels firmer, but weighs noticeably more. A lot more density, I'm assuming.
And yes, it is a new Wilbers.   :bad

cba191

It looks awesome and is a lot firmer than the stock.  We'll see how it rides once I bleed the brakes.   :wheel

stopwatch1

Thanks for the pics, cba. How much was the cost for both the front and passenger? Definitely considering the SC option for my "bad to begin with and now totally worn out" stock seat. Also, could you tell me which Wilbers you got and from who (and how much $)? How's that new shock performing for you?

Thanks...