News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Rear wheel clearance on centre stand

Started by Goodwinsplace, March 02, 2014, 10:40:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goodwinsplace

Hello, got my Girly out of storage today and gave the chain a clean and lube. But ever since I've owned it the rear wheel clearance has been next to nothing, making chain adjustment and lube a choir if on your own.
Are there any common centre stand issues or could the bike have been altered in height that changes the clearance?
My personal journey on two wheels: MotorbikeTest.info Blog

Mustang

http://www.tigertriple.com/forum/index.php?action=search

type "centerstand"

click the plus sign on bottom left
uncheck everything but the "Girly" forum
click search

your answer lies within the first 1/2 dozen hits   :bad

HockleyBoy

Its definitely on here somewhere (you might try searching for centre stand) but when I had the problem I just replaced the stop bolt with a larger one M10 and this sorted it out for me, others have replaced the pivot bolts as well.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Goodwinsplace

Managed to find this thread that talks about changing the bolt to a bigger head to move the stop position to more of a central location.
Will take a look at this and change it over as a first step.

http://www.tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,7608.msg70589.html#msg70589
My personal journey on two wheels: MotorbikeTest.info Blog

chairhead

Could it be that the stand has been altered for a shorter rider?.............no wait, that sounds stupid, the side stand maybe ...... :augie, don't mind me  :icon_redface: :icon_lol:
03 Girly Roulette Green with a Hedingham ETH
TOR can
Wilbers shock & wasp L/L forks
Taylormade Billet wheel

Chris Canning

As I've no idea what you have this is mine and it works fine you'll have to fathum what the difference is,excuse the shoes!!