News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tiger 955i oil leak

Started by rcgomes, March 03, 2014, 12:46:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcgomes

hello, already some time I have noticed that the leaks a little oil! when she sleeps (lateral support) leaks very little  about 1 drop per week! but when I put in center stand leaks a lot more! can someone help me on what will be and how to solve? this picure shows the oil come in this way until reach to oil sump plug

thanks for help

HockleyBoy

Its not chain lube from the front sprocket cover is it?
Mine gets messy in that area if I have been a bit over enthusiastic with the chain spray and haven't cleaned behind the cover for a while.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Bixxer Bob

Give the whole area a good clean with white spirit or something similar then dry it thoroughly, then monitor it.  while it's clean and dry the path of the leak will be much easier to track.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

rcgomes

yes i do this today!! i put a good degreaser and clean very good!! no is not chain spray!! i dont have scottoiler. I never crash the bike or hitting a rock on that site :( is good ideia use some kind of oil leak aditive in engine like liqui moly?or sealant spray for aply outside? :thumbsup

Bixxer Bob

Don't use additives they might mess up your clutch.  Keep an eye on it and you will see where it's coming from.  Probably either the gearchange shaft oil seal or the sprocket oil seal.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...