News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Polish Seat Cover

Started by HeavyHustler, March 06, 2014, 07:52:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeavyHustler

Anybody have this cover?  I thought I saw one on here but my search showed nothing.  $112 shipped from Poland.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/131133749904?item=131133749904&viewitem=&vxp=mtr

dave NL

I have this cover fitted to my bike, look in the topic, reviving the tiger, be aware that the seams are not fully water tight.

The cover is a upgrade to the stock one, looks very good.
Getting the tiger back on the road.

nickjtc

I am just in the process of getting one of these covers put on Stanley's seat. It appears to be extremely well made, of what looks like durable material. It was nice to be able to have a choice of colour for the piping, stitching and the 'Triumph' logo, which is also stitched, not a decal. Of course it remains to be seen how it stands up to time, especially since there are lots of pieces.

I opted not do do a diy install so have got a local upholsterer to do it. Not cheap, but the whole cost is still a lot less than a new seat.

And above all else it makes the bike look real spiffy. Imho, that is.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: dave NL on March 06, 2014, 08:20:35 PM
be aware that the seams are not fully water tight.......... looks very good.

Most bike seat upholsterers I've seen working in recent years, cover the seat foam in a tough plastic under the outer covering, couldn't tell you the actual material they use though.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Mustang

Quote from: nickjtc on March 07, 2014, 06:19:15 PM
I am just in the process of getting one of these covers put on Stanley's seat. It appears to be extremely well made, of what looks like durable material. It was nice to be able to have a choice of colour for the piping, stitching and the 'Triumph' logo, which is also stitched, not a decal. Of course it remains to be seen how it stands up to time, especially since there are lots of pieces.

I opted not do do a diy install so have got a local upholsterer to do it. Not cheap, but the whole cost is still a lot less than a new seat.

And above all else it makes the bike look real spiffy. Imho, that is.

It does look spiffy  :thumbsup
but it's going back on a stock seat pan and foam  :icon_cry:
at the end of a five to six hundred mile day , wait what ????????
after 45 minutes your ass is numb and you want off the bike desperately .
but it does look spiffy ...........................

Corbin for me it's worth every penny ....................12 hours later of saddle time and your ass thanks you !

nickjtc

Quote from: Mustang on March 07, 2014, 07:24:59 PMCorbin for me it's worth every penny ....................12 hours later of saddle time and your ass thanks you !

I agree. Had one on my VFR800. Did two Iron Butt rides on it (1500 miles, 36 hours and 2000 miles, 2 days) with no issues at all.

I am open minded about how this will work out. The Corbin will be the default if the stock is as bum-numbing as you say.

Sin_Tiger

It's Polish, keep it lubricated with Zubrowka and your arse will never feel the pain  :new_all_coholic
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

dave NL

The corbin seat is one of the best seats available in the market, looking like a horse saddle to me  :icon_mrgreen:

But it is also 6 times more expensive, even without shipping and tax! The butt will have to cope!  :pottytrain2 hahah
Getting the tiger back on the road.

ssevy

I just received the email that my Renazco rebuild is finished and will be shipped soon. Although I can't ride it for another month (at least) I will post some pictures once I have it mounted. I'm hoping for the best.
I may not be big, but I'm slow.

nickjtc

Quote from: dave NL on March 07, 2014, 09:34:13 PM
The corbin seat is one of the best seats available in the market, looking like a horse saddle to me

I guess you really get hit with postage and import charges. It's not quite so painful for us here.. $369 if ordered direct from the factory + postage

nickjtc

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on March 07, 2014, 08:32:56 PM
It's Polish, keep it lubricated with Zubrowka and your arse will never feel the pain  :new_all_coholic

My partner is Hungarian so she would rather I use palinka.  :thumbsup