News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Need a shock rebuilt... Sasquatch where are you!?

Started by Bull Gear, March 20, 2014, 03:30:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bull Gear

Greetings.
I am in dire need of a rebuild for my '96 Steamer shock (Kayaba).
I've been trying to get in touch with Sasquatch for several days with no response.
Anybody have any other sources? ...or advice on how to do it myself?

ssevy

I just googled "Kayaba shock rebuild", and several pages popped up. Might be something useful there.
I may not be big, but I'm slow.

Mustang

sasquatch isn't going to be around for quite a few more years ....................... :augie
let's just say he can't rebuild shocks at his new living arrangements :bug_eye

Mustang

I'd start here
http://www.traxxion.com/
traxxion is very very good at what they do ....... suspensions !

call them

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: Mustang on March 20, 2014, 01:07:58 PM
sasquatch isn't going to be around for quite a few more years ....................... :augie
let's just say he can't rebuild shocks at his new living arrangements :bug_eye

:icon_eek: I take it from that, as we say over here, he is "accommodated at Her Majesty's Pleasure"  :icon_wink:

If anyone on this side of the pond is considering getting theirs rebuilt, I have a spare that I'm willing to lend out if you don't want to be stuck waiting.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bull Gear

Well don't that blow.
I guess I'll just rebuild it myself then.
I think I found a place to get a KYB complete seal head for about the same price as a seal set. I wonder if it will fit this old Kayaba?
So let me see if I have these specs right:
5W oil
150 psi charge
44mm x 16mm seal head
Never done a shock rebuild. Will I need any other parts?

Nick Calne

Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

cba191

Quote from: nickcalne on March 21, 2014, 11:28:25 PM
Jeez poor old sasquatch. What happened?

From what I understand, if it's true, he'll be gone a while. 

Edit:  He'll be available in 2-9.
'02 Tiger.  She's the awesome sauce

Bull Gear

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED. Not that big of a deal really, just took a lot of homework to figure it out.

coachgeo

Quote from: Bull Gear on April 16, 2014, 03:25:28 AM
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED. Not that big of a deal really, just took a lot of homework to figure it out.
no no no....... you don't get off that easy.   Now get going on your SHOCK REBUILD THREAD!!!!!
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)

nickjtc

"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"