News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

High Idle problem

Started by Goodwinsplace, March 29, 2014, 07:13:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goodwinsplace

My Girly is idling around 2 - 2.5, both cool and warm. Rides fine but when trying to slow down through the gears or cornering it's a bit uncontrollable.

I've read lots of posts on here and other forums and websites and tried the following:

• Stripped down and checked the air hoses, I could only visually check them as I did this in my street and didn't have a way of connecting the tank at the same time. Hoses looked like new and went over them quite detailed to check for any cracks or breaks.
  • Remap, I've remapped using the Triumph TOR map (I have the TOR exhaust) and this sorted it for two days, riding lovely, but after a few days it went back to the issue.
  • 12 minute tune, given it the 12 minute tune as a last resort

Is the next thing a faulty IACV? If so what's a good price to pay, I've seen them second hand on eBay for around £50.
Any other tests I can do on TuneECU or other things to check?
My personal journey on two wheels: MotorbikeTest.info Blog

John Stenhouse

I think you can cycle the ACV thingy on tune ecu, thats hould tell you if it;s working
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Bixxer Bob

You can. And you can check the fan is working, the rev counter, and one other that I can't remember.... :icon_rolleyes:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...