News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Mikuni Carb Tops

Started by JayDub, April 27, 2014, 07:26:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayDub

And yet again this wonderful motorcycle has thrown me a googlie, This time in the form of a snapped off vacuum spigot... so can anyone in the UK point me in the direction of three used Mikuni carb tops or even one? - I say three as the other two have also snapped off but I was able to repair those by tapping the hole and screwing in the brass adapters from my carbtune, but I'd like these back. I don't want to pay £25 each from world of Triumph if I can help it, not for bits of plastic!  :icon_evil:

Sin_Tiger

Ask Steve at Motocarb in Liverpool, he seems to keep stock of a lot of common stuff and knows where to get them cheapest.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

JayDub

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on April 28, 2014, 02:26:45 PM
Ask Steve at Motocarb in Liverpool, he seems to keep stock of a lot of common stuff and knows where to get them cheapest.
I've emailed him today, just awaiting a reply, how did the speedway go then?  :nap

Sin_Tiger

Good luck. I confess I forgot all about the bars on the way back, mainly due to all the Nurofen I had downed, does that give you a clue  :nap a couple of pics are up now in the ride report.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

JayDub

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on April 29, 2014, 01:43:40 AM
Good luck. I confess I forgot all about the bars on the way back, mainly due to all the Nurofen I had downed, does that give you a clue  :nap a couple of pics are up now in the ride report.
Not a problem mate, the bike wasn't ready anyway, I heard back from Motocarb but he says triumph are the cheapest and he doesn't do used parts, so I'm looking at another 80 quid  :icon_eek:  at this rate I won't be able to afford petrol for the beast  :icon_confused:
It sounds like you had fun then  :thumbsup were those bics from before or after, as you both look too upright and stress free  :augie

Sin_Tiger

Ouch  :icon_eek: we'd all best treat those plastics with respect and not throw anything away, well I rarely do that anyway  :augie

I can only speak for myself, the wife had to pull me out the car when we got home, glad I didn't ride there and had a back up driver  :nap

rybes

i think i got one ill go check...brb.......yeah i got 1  :thumbsup but its here in denmark. you can have it for postage price mate if ya want it. ill find out what itll cost tmora
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

ram33

someone on ebay selling 2 sets of mikunis for £85
try messaging him and ask if he wil split one carb top?
item 371053459168
tiger 885 / fzs1000
bmw 335d / rr evoque

JayDub

Quote from: rybes on April 30, 2014, 05:14:53 PM
i think i got one ill go check...brb.......yeah i got 1  :thumbsup but its here in denmark. you can have it for postage price mate if ya want it. ill find out what itll cost tmora
Good man! thanks! or when are you back in englishland even? I found the other one cracked too so may as well get three - in for a penny.......

JayDub

Quote from: ram33 on April 30, 2014, 08:53:25 PM
item 371053459168
he won't split them, or post  either  :icon_frown:

rybes

Quote from: JayDub on April 30, 2014, 09:11:18 PM
Good man! thanks! or when are you back in englishland even? I found the other one cracked too so may as well get three - in for a penny.......

hopefully back in english land in the next few weeks. need to get over to get me tiger sorted and over here. lovely weather here and it aint helpin me bikin blues  :icon_lol:

JayDub

Quote from: rybes on April 30, 2014, 09:26:19 PM
Quote from: JayDub on April 30, 2014, 09:11:18 PM
lovely weather here and it aint helpin me bikin blues  :icon_lol:
i have that problem  :icon_sad: Its now rideable but I can't do a proper tune and so don't want to go too far yet.

rybes

if i send the top youll get it before im even close to bein there. pm me ya address and ill find out tmora bout postin it for ya

ram33

Quote from: JayDub on April 30, 2014, 09:13:28 PM
item 371053459168
If u can get him to change hisins about splitting, I could collect for you as I'm not far away
tiger 885 / fzs1000
bmw 335d / rr evoque

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: JayDub on April 30, 2014, 09:13:28 PM
item 371053459168

Are you sure those are Tiger carbs? Seems odd that he only has two. Some internals are specific to Triumph so parts from other 36's won't fit.