News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

on fire !!!

Started by ynotbiker, May 01, 2014, 06:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ynotbiker

was thinking this must be the problem because worked fine when lad run it with his small tank on.the spiggot will not clear with just wire its like white filler its solid had to drill out the small piece that came off ill be back soon thank you everybody for help.

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: Mustang on May 21, 2014, 01:41:40 AM
just twist a pc of wire up the drain hole , like a metal coat hanger wire, you should get a blob of crud out then the cap drain will work again
don't worry about the broken spigot the drain will function fine

carbs may need to just drain the float bowls which can be done without removing the carb bank .

:iagree

Drain the tank and whip the petcock out to see if more crap has collected at the reserve filter, that way you get most of any remaining water out of the tank. half a can of "Profi Fuel Max" in a clean fill won't do any harm either.

Nice to read some better news for a change. You'll have learned a lot with this incident, especially about bike workshops  :augie
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

ynotbiker

on the wine now happy days  :party . Iwas going to wait for me friend to come back off his hols but thought stuff it ill have a go myself. Emptied all the fuel out of the tank and cleared the breather hose with wire. I took the petrol filer cap off and that was full of shite under their aswell. I let the tank sit in the sun for a couple of hours and put it all back together. Fresh fuel and rode for about 15 miles. It was still a bit lumpy so I went back home and remembered I still had half a can of profi-fuel so put that in. 5 mile later me steamer came alive.Was still a bit lumpy now and again but I think that's just the profi fuel mixing with the fuel. I did a 110 miles . I nearly gave up on this bike and got into debt on a 800xc as my friends got one but he never leaves me on my steamer especially with the Maxton suspension on . Thanks again everybody. Bad head in the morning me thinks. :icon_salut:

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: ynotbiker on May 21, 2014, 11:20:50 PM
Bad head in the morning me thinks. :icon_salut:

:thumbsup Take strong coffee, to get started, a few coughs and splutters, empty the waste tank, go for a blast and you might still be a bit lumpy but will be running strong again within 50 miles.

Simple formula but it seems to work with a few machines  :icon_wink:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

ynotbiker

cheers sin will do :icon_mrgreen:also lamps a bit red and its a bit shaky might give the last of the profi-fuel a go. :wave