News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

front wheel alignment

Started by JayDub, May 06, 2014, 07:47:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayDub

When i line up the top yoke (triple tree) 90 degrees to the center line of the bike the front wheel is - a bit more than slightly - pointing to the left, I did the usual loosening the clamps and spindle, twist it the opposite way and tighten it all up again, but is hardly made any difference!  :icon_scratch: .  Any tips?

rybes

you aint got bent forks have ya ?
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

JayDub

Hope not! It handles/feels OK -  I'll try twistin them 180 degrees in the clamps.

Sin_Tiger

Whip the lower bar clamp bolts out, the ones going through the top yoke and check those for bends. Happens with the rubber mounted bars, have a fall and the rubber gives up till they reach the limit, then they bend rather than the bars as momentum has been built up.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

JayDub

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on May 06, 2014, 10:36:03 PM
Whip the lower bar clamp bolts out, the ones going through the top yoke and check those for bends. Happens with the rubber mounted bars, have a fall and the rubber gives up till they reach the limit, then they bend rather than the bars as momentum has been built up.
the bars or mounts are bent but I ignored those and  lined up the top yoke coz of that.

rybes

hopefuly ya aint. but if ya do i may have a set  :icon_wink:

JayDub

Quote from: rybes on May 07, 2014, 07:58:56 AM
As soon as I get the chance I'll check, but I'm thinking it may be the yokes, (you got any  :ImaPoser)
Maybe I'll just have your bike?  :icon_lol: no, seriously - I don't want to clean out your stash, I'll have a closer look when I can. Thanks  :thumbsup

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: JayDub on May 07, 2014, 11:06:39 AM
Quote from: rybes on May 07, 2014, 07:58:56 AM
As soon as I get the chance I'll check, but I'm thinking it may be the yokes, (you got any  :ImaPoser)
Maybe I'll just have your bike?  :icon_lol: no, seriously - I don't want to clean out your stash, I'll have a closer look when I can. Thanks  :thumbsup

Hope not, would suggest a previous shunt  :icon_eek:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

JayDub

The way things are going with this bike - I really don't think I would be that surprised Niall  :icon_rolleyes:

rybes

JayDub

rybes

got a whole front end left over from when i went 3 spoke ;) also got a back wheel too i wont be usin

JayDub

Quote from: rybes on May 07, 2014, 08:57:35 PM
got a whole front end left over from when i went 3 spoke ;) also got a back wheel too i wont be usin
So..... where in England do you come home to then?  :bad

rybes

:icon_lol: otherside of the country to you mate, norfolk. hopin to get there soon to get me tiger over here

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: rybes on May 07, 2014, 08:57:35 PM

Oh, may back wheel has just developed a wobble  :icon_wink: