News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

front wheel alignment

Started by JayDub, May 06, 2014, 07:47:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rybes

reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

JayDub

Luckily the rear wheel is one part of the bike thats like new, its all yours Niall  :icon_lol:
Don't s'pose you have any standard bars rybes?  :augie

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on May 07, 2014, 12:49:00 PM
Quote from: JayDub on May 07, 2014, 11:06:39 AM
Quote from: rybes on May 07, 2014, 07:58:56 AM
hopefuly ya aint. but if ya do i may have a set  :icon_wink:
As soon as I get the chance I'll check, but I'm thinking it may be the yokes, (you got any  :ImaPoser)
Maybe I'll just have your bike?  :icon_lol: no, seriously - I don't want to clean out your stash, I'll have a closer look when I can. Thanks  :thumbsup

Hope not, would suggest a previous shunt  :icon_eek:

I bent my Trident forks ever so slightly (they straightened on the mandrel press at work easy enough) by chucking it nose first in a ditch when I was younger and stupider.  Credit to Triumph though,  they should've been a lot worse.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

rybes

Quote from: JayDub on May 08, 2014, 09:55:31 AM
Luckily the rear wheel is one part of the bike thats like new, its all yours Niall  :icon_lol:
Don't s'pose you have any standard bars rybes?  :augie

maybe :bad
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

JayDub

Riding along the A5 yesterday on the way to the Ponderosa (read Poserosa  :icon_wink: ), I suddenly became aware that I was traveling in a straight line, and....  THE YOKES WHERE STRAIGHT!!!  :icon_eek:
How can that be??? Obviously I scared it shitless with all the shouting and swearing!  :icon_biggrin:
The bars haven't straightened themselves tho, I mustn't have sworn enough... I'd like a set of OE bars tho  :augie
Maybe if I shout louder I will be heard in AFRICA  :icon_wink: (joking Niall).

...Bugger!, I just looked out of the window and its p*ssing down and washing all the mud and road grime off me bike!

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: JayDub on May 19, 2014, 06:27:20 PM
...Bugger!, I just looked out of the window and its p*ssing down and washing all the mud and road grime off me bike!

Now who's the Poser? I'll bet it took you ages to paint the mud on  :ImaPoser
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

JayDub

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on May 19, 2014, 06:48:27 PM
Quote from: JayDub on May 19, 2014, 06:27:20 PM

Now who's the Poser? I'll bet it took you ages to paint the mud on  :ImaPoser
I'll have you know that I go to great lengths to keep my appearance! scruffy, bedraggled and generally unkempt - Its not easy to stay looking this cool  :pimp

Sin_Tiger

Glad you got yourself straightened out, just ride the Steamer, that's all you need to look cool  :bad

I did the juggling around with the bars to find my "stock" bars had a bend on the right side, I had to use the pattern ones and my Motech ones until I get back and get those straightened out. Then I'll pass the patterns on to you to try out, I have a set of 25mm risers that fit so that you can try both heights for fit. I might have to do a bit of fettling on the Motechs as the brake and clutch reservoirs sit right up against the centre drop links. I plan to use them for the 95 Chair as they give a nice bit of extra leverage and width for the mirrors.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

JayDub

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on May 20, 2014, 07:31:04 PM
that's all you need to look cool
so very true Niall!, Lookin forward to trying those, I saw a pic of the originals and they look more like what I want, narrower and more swept back and down.  the renthalls are wider and straighter, they also stretch the throttle cable so that the adjuster has snapped and the motor races if I turn the bars too far left  :icon_rolleyes: ah well, I'll soon be able to stop faffing around with it and just enjoy - hopefully  :icon_smile: thanks mate!

Sin_Tiger

JayDub