News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

what coils

Started by ynotbiker, May 22, 2014, 09:31:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ynotbiker

hi all bike running fine now. was wondering what best coils to buy. from reading on here nology are the dogs at £75 each. :bug_eye. seen some pvls made in Germany on ebay are these the same as a bit cheaper. I know if not broken leave it alone but going on a big trip. bikes done 34.000 with original and second hand coils and sure to go tits up on me trip. :thumbsup

Mustang

pvls are nologys or nologys are pvl's

but I wouldn't replace them
I got a 98 with 55 k miles on it and it's running the oem gill coils with no probs .

ynotbiker

cheers just getting bit paranoid with all the bother had lately :doubt

rf9rider

You could always fit stick coils from a TT600.

Search on here, plenty of info.  :thumbsup

rybes

i got my nologys from the states. 3 coils with nology leads and plugs and shippin was cheaper than 3 coils here. cant remember where i got em from tho. the receipt for em is in england
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

ssevy

My Legend had Gills, and I replaced them out of fear, thinking I'd have 3 working spares for testing, trips, etc., and then when I got the Tiger I did the same. Problem is, the Tiger had PVLs already, so I really didn't need the Nologies, but now I have 6 extra working coils, 3 Gills and 3 PVLs :icon_redface:

I have offered them to friends from rallies for testing, etc., so maybe they'll find a use someday. This is where I got all of mine, and they were fast and reasonable:

http://store.newlevelmotorsports.com/noprigcofort.html
I may not be big, but I'm slow.

rybes

thats the place right there  :thumbsup

ynotbiker

bought a item from America paid quite a lot import duty  :bug_eye so maybe not cheap but thanks for the heads up. :thumbsup

rybes

i dont remember gettin stung for tax on that when it came through