News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Ricor Intiminators Results

Started by ssevy, May 24, 2014, 01:03:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssevy

Yesterday, I spoke with Jim at Pro Pilot Suspension, the guy that is rebuilding my rear shock and doing my fork upgrade. I had delivered the Intiminators, the Amsoil shock oil and the forks still assembled to his shop, and he changed out the seals and bushings, installed the Intiminators and fitted better progressive springs for my weight. Doing one at a time, he was able to compare the original to the new set up, and he said the Intiminators were cavitating badly because of the amount of fork travel. His suggestion was to use the new progressive springs and increase the weight of the oil, exactly as others here have successfully done. He has rebuilt several Steamer forks using this set-up, and he says the owners have been very happy. The next step would be gold emulators, but he feels that while they are a bit better, it is not a dramatic improvement.
I was hoping the Ricor valves would give me the same performance in the Tiger front end that they do in my Legend, but the increased fork travel is apparently an issue. So, my willingness to be a guinea pig for the crew here was a failure, but my buddy has a Legend, so the Ricor valves will find a new home.
I want to take my Tiger to the Bennington Bash next weekend, but the powder coated pegs and bash plate won't be here until next Wednesday, and neither will the forks and shock, so the Legend may get the nod. Going to be a busy weekend doing everything else that I can to get it back together.

PS- I will be heading to Plain Jane's in Rumney NH for lunch next Saturday, possibly with some other Triumph riders if anyone decides to join me from the Bash. My favorite diner food anywhere, and if anyone from the NH region would like to join us, pm me your phone, and I can call when we are en route, at whatever time frame ahead you need.
I may not be big, but I'm slow.

Sin_Tiger

:notworthy thanks for the feedback Sir, probably saved a few people a fair bit of money and grief wondering why the gadget doesn't do what it says, glad you found a home for them.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint