News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

fairing around clocks

Started by ram33, May 25, 2014, 10:18:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ram33

could someone please tell me if ive got my fairing on correct around the clocks as there seems to be a big gap where it joins the black clock surround. or a pic of yours?
i cant remember how it was when i stripped it?
tiger 885 / fzs1000
bmw 335d / rr evoque

nickjtc

"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Sin_Tiger

Yup, they were never a watertight fit and if you ever find a front sub frame that's absolutely straight, you probably find some rocking horse  :Topes nearby.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

ram33

thanks
mine must have warped a bit then  :icon_frown:
tiger 885 / fzs1000
bmw 335d / rr evoque

97tiger885

The rubber O-ring around the speedo tore on mine.  I ran a small bead of silicone  under the o-ring to keep the speedo and ring in place.  If you are worried about water, that will seal the instruments.  Water was never a problem for mine.

ram33

Quote from: 97tiger885 on May 26, 2014, 06:45:54 PM
The rubber O-ring around the speedo tore on mine.  I ran a small bead of silicone  under the o-ring to keep the speedo and ring in place.  If you are worried about water, that will seal the instruments.  Water was never a problem for mine.
it was where the red fairing overlaps the black clock surround that worried me, i thought maybe it clipped into it somehow. wonder why they didnt put a couple of screws in to hold it together?
tiger 885 / fzs1000
bmw 335d / rr evoque

Sin_Tiger

There are few points where the plastics overlap and do wear rubbing against each other. If you invest in some of the high density adhesive backed neoprene, like a draught excluder, you can apply that at the contact areas and it will stop the wear until the neoprene wears through in a year or two. Warm the tape and the plastic up after cleaning with some spirit and clamp them together for half an hour, then trim off the visible bits and excess. That's one less rattling noise you won't have to  :icon_scratch: over.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint