News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

engine bits.

Started by rybes, May 27, 2014, 08:41:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rybes

im off to england on saturday for 2 days so ill be usin that time to transfer the internals from the grey engine i bought before i left into the black engine cases. ive never taken a tiger engine completely apart before so apart from the obligitary gaskets what else do i need to build an engine ? sealers, thread lock etc.  then i can get it all ordered so its ready to start n hopefully finish in a day  :icon_scratch:
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

Mustang

the only special tools for the engine are the valve shim tool and the clutch anti rotation tool , but you can make one of those by bolting a steel and fiber plate together
don't forget a tube of blue hylomar to seal the cylinder bases

rybes

right blue hylomar it is. what about where the engine cases bolt together, does that need anythin ?

Mustang

the hylomar should do just fine !

although I use yamabond engine sealer , it's grey in color and eerily similar to what's there already
three bond 1194 is the same stuff as yamabond , also threebond or yamabond are easier to spread and don't dry as quick .
they stay elastic which makes an excellent case half sealer

rf9rider

Good luck with that mate.  :thumbsup

Bixxer Bob

I'll be over Monday to do the QA checks....  :icon_mrgreen:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

rybes

hmm mwonder if i can get threebond in norwich ?

threepot

I'll send you a pot of Laverbread  :icon_lol:
95 Super111
96 Tiger

rybes

just such a shame im alergic to gluten or idve had some  :icon_lol: