News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Sourcing a Front Brake Switch

Started by HiJincs, June 18, 2014, 03:15:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HiJincs

After searching the forum, I'm pretty sure my front brake lever switch has gone bad. The lights work when using the rear brake pedal but not the front brake lever. I've also learned the brake switch is a common part used on many bike models. None of the Triumph dealers have one in stock and their suppliers are back ordered too.

Has anyone cross referenced the Triumph part to another brand that is the same? Since the part is made in Asia, I'm betting it's used on Japanese bikes too.

TIA

JTT

It's a very generic switch.  My local accessory and service dealer had a bunch on the shelf, apparently it fits nearly 1/2 of modern Japanese bikes.  I don't know what it fits specifically, but suggest you just take the old one off and go out and match it up.
2003 955i Tiger
2005 KLR
1970 T100C

Sin_Tiger

Most of the brake stuff is common to Honda's of the same era, if you find the right thing please post up the part No. to share  :thumbsup
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

NortonCharlie

Just to be sure it is the switch I would check continuity open when off the brake closed when on it, unplugged of course.

Does this switch supply ground to the circuit of 12v ? I was thinking ground but am not sure.
01 Dew Green 955i Tiger

02 Sprint RS

74 Norton 850 Commando

Marc

Tiger Explorer Graphite 2013
Bonneville SE 2010 (missus)
previous bikes:
   Tiger 955i Orange  2003
   BMW K1  1989
   Ducati 750S '72
   Matchless G80 '57
   Matchless G3L '39

HiJincs

Quick update: I never could find a dealer (any brand) that had brake switches in stock so I ordered 2 from the UK EBay seller linked above. It took about 10 days for the swim and I installed one today. All is right with the world. Thanks for the help!

Sin_Tiger

Well done for your perseverance, hopefully that will save others some grief.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint