News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

bike died - help

Started by nikonvt, June 22, 2014, 02:26:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nikonvt

On a side topic. Mpg...I get consistently about 36-38 (us). She's and 01. The previous owner (zombie) was getting 45+ out of her. I'm a bit heavier than him (I'm 230#) but would that constitute that drastic of a change?

With this whole debacle I greased the idler thing,  new air filter, fuel filter was cleaned, I have new tires on her and I don't ride crazy.  70-75mph on the interstate and about 55-60 back roads. Rarely wjacking the throttle. Use 91 or 93 octane fuel and full syn oil.  Just age of bike or am I missing something?
01 955i

Sin_Tiger

I would check it again now that you've done the adaptive tune, might be that the tune was going "off" previously.

Do you notice a petrol smell in the exhaust? Is the exhaust outlet sooty, clean and ride and look again.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

Well done mate.  And you don't need a different ratchet, just use the plug tool (box spanner driven by big allen key) in the standard toolkit attached to the underneath of the the pillion seat, it's what it's there for.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

NortonCharlie

My 01 955 gets 42-48 mpg (US gallon) usually clocks in at 44.  One has got about 80,000 miles on the other about 35,000.  I usually am running 89 octane fuel.
01 Dew Green 955i Tiger

02 Sprint RS

74 Norton 850 Commando

2doggs

I'm in Minnesota and its 85 degrees @ 10 AM with oppressive humidity of about 70%.  How cold does it get in (New Hampshire?) in June?
2002 Tiger
2006 Speed Triple

Mustang

It was 44f the other night.................

nikonvt

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on June 28, 2014, 11:10:39 AM
Well done mate.  And you don't need a different ratchet, just use the plug tool (box spanner driven by big allen key) in the standard toolkit attached to the underneath of the the pillion seat, it's what it's there for.

Was at Lowes anyway and recently broke my other shorter extention so I bought another. I knew there was a tool kit but couldn't find it.  Now I know.
01 955i