News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

an eventful ride

Started by rybes, July 20, 2014, 10:54:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rybes

well, the tigers in denmark  :eusa_clap unfortunatly the last 300 miles it was on the back of a trailer  :icon_rolleyes:
managed to get 600 miles out of it before it died. so the engine has to come out again. it rode fine for most of the trip but at one petrol stop i put in what i thought was super but it turned out to be normal unleaded. not much of a problem you think but me tiger suffers bad from carb freezin and super is the only thing ive found that stops it. it freezes up at the slightest dip in air temp when its realy warm out.
so what happened ? was goin along towards hamburg when it started to splutter from freezin up so i kept it wound open till it cleared then it shot off like a rocket not 500 yards later it had a big splutter and died completely. i rolled to the side of the road left it for a bit then pushed the start button and all i heard was the starter spinnin over, wernt turnin the engine over at all. so im thinkin starter clutch has gone. im hopin the splutter that killed it was just carb freezin. goin to try to bump start it today to see how or if it still runs. then its engine out....again  :icon_rolleyes:
the bit that pissed me off the most tho wernt the bike breakin down but all the helpful friendly people stoppin to see if they could help. every single one of them rode a B*W and so the "my bike has xxxkm on it and its fine but then its a B*W" bastards !  :icon_lol:
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

nickjtc

Quote from: rybes on July 20, 2014, 10:54:34 AM
the bit that pissed me off the most tho wernt the bike breakin down but all the helpful friendly people stoppin to see if they could help. every single one of them rode a B*W and so the "my bike has xxxkm on it and its fine but then its a B*W" bastards !  :icon_lol:

Annoying when that happens, isn't it!  :icon_cry: They think that they are being helpful.......but.....
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

rf9rider

More bad luck mate.

At least its home and you can get it sorted now.

rybes

yeah just a bit. now ive gotta rip the engine out again, pull it apart and find out whats wrong  :icon_scratch: a job for later today me thinks
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)