News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

UK MOT..............

Started by KuzzinKenny, August 09, 2014, 06:42:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KuzzinKenny

UK MOT history checker !!

I wish i'd found this site a while ago !! i just found out me vans been clocked by at least 40K  :icon_evil: it turns out its even easier to do than speedo cabled vehicles !!  :icon_evil: 

http://motinfo.direct.gov.uk/internet/jsp/ECHID-Internet-History-Request.jsp

all ya need is the reg and MOT test certificate of the vehicle so before ya buy, CHECK IT !!

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

PeteH

Nice one, always good to be prepared....except when the MOT station fecks up and adds 30k to your milage but you don't notice it because your just happy to have the certificate, oh, and you can't get it changed if its longer than a few days before you notice :(
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

KuzzinKenny

I think its within 7 days of the MOT certificate being issued but don't quote me on it  :icon_smile:

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

iansoady

Quote from: KuzzinKenny on August 09, 2014, 06:42:34 PM

all ya need is the reg and MOT test certificate of the vehicle so before ya buy, CHECK IT !!

KK

If you don't have the last certificate you can use the reference number off the V5C.

As you say, always a useful check.
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

nigeh

Surely it would be better if you could just put in the Reg. No. that way you can check a vehicle that you have seen for sale before you even go to look at it so you know its MOT history in advance!

Better still move to France as currently no MOT on motorcycles  :icon_mrgreen:
who needs four cylinders??

www.maisonlaudiere.com

iansoady

It's to stop frivolous enquiries. And as Kenny says is useful for checking that the vehicle hasn't been clocked, as well as what its annual mileage is, whether there have been any advisories etc.
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

Sin_Tiger

You can also check on MIDS to see if it's currently insured. Not much help for clocking but it means you can see if your insurer had updated the database, as the signatories to the MI group are required to do within 48hrs. At least then you are less likely to be pulled over by Mr. Plod.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

iansoady

Ah, but you have to tell a lie if it's not your vehicle.......
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

KuzzinKenny

Got me van MOT'd today and it passed  :thumbsup thank fook somethins gone right !!

KK