News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Changes in the girlies

Started by Dirt bomb, August 14, 2014, 06:07:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dirt bomb

I tried to do a search on this, but didn't have any luck. So what are the changes from 2000 to 2006. Thanks.

John Stenhouse

In brief, a 2000 would be the 885 motor, lasted two years then they went to the 955 motor same chassis. 2004 they put cast wheels on it and changed the head stock angle, and finally in 2006 they changed the motors cases for those found on the 1050.

There were more minor stuff than that but those were the main points.
Welcome to the board by the way.

Fill in your location this is an international board and it helps to know which side of which bit of water you are
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Dirt bomb

Thanks John for your reply. The reason I'm asking is because I've found a low mileage 06 model and thinking of up grading my 01 I like the color of my 01,would the tank and plastics swap out with the 06? Thanks again and I'm on the Texas side of the pond!

Mustang

Quote from: Dirt bomb on August 14, 2014, 03:51:22 PM
Thanks John for your reply. The reason I'm asking is because I've found a low mileage 06 model and thinking of up grading my 01 I like the color of my 01,would the tank and plastics swap out with the 06? Thanks again and I'm on the Texas side of the pond!

:nod direct fit