News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Premium or Regualr?

Started by sailorcolin, August 18, 2014, 08:20:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

:ImaPoser  Kerosene, or paraffin over here, is AVTUR, AVGAS is high octane petrol
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

dino246

midgrade fuel. 89 or 88 octane.

rex007can

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on August 21, 2014, 11:40:38 PM
:ImaPoser  Kerosene, or paraffin over here, is AVTUR, AVGAS is high octane petrol

I know... I was thinking Jet fuel in a Triumph.
:icon_mrgreen:
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: rex007can on August 22, 2014, 08:42:28 PM
Quote from: Bixxer Bob on August 21, 2014, 11:40:38 PM

I know... I was thinking Jet fuel in a Triumph.
:icon_mrgreen:

:thumbsup
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Chris Canning

All we use the Tiger for is long distance it remarkable the difference between tanks of fuel in how the bike runs never mind Avgas.

Bixxer Bob

NortonCharlie

A friend that runs a full fuel dragster keeps telling me I should try a little nitro-methane.  Says it will go a long way.  Runs 10 gallons on fuel in about 6 seconds.  That is about what my bike runs 40 gpm, wait my bike runs about 45 mpg.
01 Dew Green 955i Tiger

02 Sprint RS

74 Norton 850 Commando

sailorcolin

NO MATTER what forum im on, This will always start a heated debate! Sorry Guys!  :icon_redface:

Chris Canning

sailorcolin

Quote from: Chris Canning on August 26, 2014, 06:40:55 PM
Heated!!!  :icon_scratch:

May be heated is a bad choice of words. But it seems to start a debate usually.

Bixxer Bob

I don't see any heat, this is average Tigertriple banter  :icon_razz:

rex007can

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: sailorcolin on August 26, 2014, 07:22:42 PM
May be heated is a bad choice of words. But it seems to start a debate usually.

We don't need much encouragement, just don't take anything too seriously  :tin hat
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

brad1098

Rex. One question.

What do you consider high compression.
02 black-Lorna

abcwarrior

my two peneth worth

I put super unleaded when I can afford it and normal when I cant, she definatly runs smoother on super without a doupt.
2001 Girly