News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Advice on paint

Started by klingklang, April 02, 2005, 02:38:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klingklang

I want to get my new top case (shad SH48) cover matched with my tiger. It is the lighning yellow (code: FC). Is anyone have a code for general automotive paint  as PPG or ICI for that color? Any advice are welcome. thanks

tigerowner_ut

The easiest thing to do is go to any automotive paint shop and have some Standox FC paint mixed (if you can spray it yourself).  Otherwise you can have your paint computer matched and they can make you a spray can of another brand (can't put standox paint in a spray can).  

A direct answer to your question is no.
Cheers,

David

99 Yellow Tiger: Triumph Exhaust, Heated Grips, Cee Bailey +6 Windscreen, Rick Mayer Saddle, Metzler Tourance Tires, Happy-Trail Panniers.

03 WR450 (lots of mods)

86 TT350 (the tank....Gone)

klingklang

Thank's.

I went that way. I found the code for standox and the receipe. MY paint  guy just want to be sure it is the same for here in Canada since sometimes the code is not the same. The receipe  and standox code I have is from belgium . So called this morning his distributor to be sure. I'll got the answer tomorrow.