News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Fork Bushing/Seal Kit

Started by TR5TRIDER, September 16, 2014, 01:48:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TR5TRIDER

Having  weepy fork seal on my '96 Tiger and am looking for aftermarket replacement seals & bushings. Does anybody have a source?

Mustang

ebay used to have em .....didn't look .

if not it's  the dealer or bikebandit...............................

TR5TRIDER

The bushings are on back order at Triumph. Only seals on flea bay.

ram33

tiger 885 / fzs1000
bmw 335d / rr evoque

TR5TRIDER

Thanks for the Hermys contact............ not in stock with them either. Approx. 3 weeks out from Triumph. One would think another bike used these forks or at least the bushing/bearings.

ram33

if you go here and click view bikes that use the same part number T2042889
https://www.fowlersparts.co.uk/search/part/T2042889
tiger 885 / fzs1000
bmw 335d / rr evoque

TR5TRIDER

That is very helpful (the feature on the website that cross references the other Triumph models that use that part no). I can see that being very useful at times. Unfortunately the bush p/n 2043092-T0301 is only used in the steamers and no other Triumph. Triumph has no stock of this part and it is on backorder. It is an oriental fork and I think that it is likely to be used on other bikes.  If only I knew!

Mustang

if its a 1998 USA model it has 43mm showa forks
95-97 USA models were 43mm kayaba .........IIRC

TR5TRIDER

Thanks for that Mustang.. RaceTech has bushings for Triumph / Kayaba forks. I think I will be able to get the outer bushings from them.