News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Horn upgrade

Started by t4tiger, November 03, 2014, 09:04:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

t4tiger

Morning,  I want to upgrade the horns.  As it has two already can I just replace them with Stebel or whatever, without changing the wiring?  Are there any recommendations on which horns to go with?  many thanks

Bixxer Bob

A single Stebel  Nautilus is a common uograde. Mine is mounted on my crash bars just ahead of the cam chain housing but many split the comprressor from the sound horns then put the compressor under the seat and the hornss under the yoked.  A bit of searching will find threads and pics.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Sin_Tiger

As BB said, if you go that way I'd suggest using a relay, the compressor horns draw a lot of current to start.

If you want to stay with the stock arrangement, a pair of top end Hellas fit perfectly and are loud enough.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

ned37

i used fiamm hi and low tone horns, mounted in the stock location.  sound good and loud.  needed a relay on one for some reason.
95 blue steamer
04 husaberg fe650e

PeteH

Stebal comes with the relay, made a bracket and fitted mine where the stock horn was mounted, relay hidden behind cockpit wiring tweaked to suit
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour