News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

releasable zip ties

Started by Bixxer Bob, November 28, 2014, 05:36:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

For UK peeps, Beal Electrical are clearing these out:

http://www.beal.org.uk/stock-clearance/cable-ties-bases/releasable-cable-ties-300-x-7-6mm/prod_4276.html

They have loads of uses such as holding the brake lever back , temporarily holding cables out of the way, supporting brake calipers during wheel service and so on. they sell loads of other stuff at really good prices as well; I use their brake cleaner, spray grease, crimps etc etc
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Sin_Tiger

Beal's have given me great customer service over the years and are expanding their range all the time  :thumbsup
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

iansoady

I always use CPC for general consumables these days - they have the huge advantage of free postage for any quantity. Cable ties: http://cpc.farnell.com/pro-power/0315hv-300wt/releasable-cable-ties-300mm-x-8/dp/CBBR7731
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

JayDub

All cable ties are releasable if you shove a pin through the back  :bad

nickjtc

Are 'regular' cable ties expensive over there?? They are cheap as chips here so I've never thought to re-use them. Especially if they've been cut.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Sin_Tiger

It's not so much the cost, although obviously attractive to tight gits like me,  it's convenience, especially when you are carrying a limited amount.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

nickjtc

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on December 05, 2014, 07:12:20 PM
although obviously attractive to tight gits like me,

Just remember YOU said it!  :icon_lol: We don't think you are tight at all.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

motoOzarks

Have had:  Girelli Bronco 50, Honda xr70, Yamaha YZ80, Yamaha MX175, Suzuki TS250, Honda XR350, Honda XR500, Honda XL600r, Suzuki DR200, Suzuki GS1100e, Honda Ruckas 49, BMW F650GS
Have:  Yamaha TW200, Suzuki DRZ400s, Triumph Tiger 955i

JayDub

Nick Calne

Same!  Odd isn't it.  If someone asks or needs something that might cost say £20 then 9 times out of 10 you'll just give it away, but if there's a chance of saving 7p on re-using a zip tie then that's the way ahead.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Bixxer Bob

:BangHead

:icon_lol:   The point isn't about saving money, it's about the convenience of being able to release and reuse the ties.  For example, I use a couple to hold my in tank bag in place.  If I was using ordinary ties I'd have to carry a pocket-full every time I went somewhere, and a pair of snips.  With these I don't have to....

Carbtune supply one to hold the gauge to the bike bars.   

When we go racing we clip cables up in the race tent with them.  They can be left in place on the frame for next time when the cables are taken down and without needing any tools.

There are loads of times when these score over normal ties.

I was trying to help folks pick up a bargain, not start a war... :^_^
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Nick Calne

:ImaPoser yeah we know.

I reckon threads are much better when there is a good dose of misinterpretation and misuse of the original topic.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: nickcalne on December 13, 2014, 07:28:47 PM
:ImaPoser yeah we know.

I reckon threads are much better when there is a good dose of misinterpretation and misuse of the original topic.

There he goes again, the fisherman with the wooden spoon  :bad