News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Please Help !!

Started by Geof9116, February 04, 2015, 01:25:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GavD

I've got a '98, pretty sure it's behind the headlight somewhere.
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

Geof9116

Thanks GavD. There are two that I can find, one screwed behind the headlight and the other (which was corroded to hell) just above it. The one on the headlight is for low beam and the other, the corroded one is for the high beam as this was not working untill I swapped them. I am off work tomorrow and strip it further.  :^_^

Geof9116

Still no relay but upon rummaging through the loom I came across a loose bolt on the starter solenoid. It fired up first time. I also competed a fuel check after spotting water separation in the fuel filter. Hey presto. Problem solved. I just have to check it moves through the gears without cutting out. Fingers crossed.  :bowdown

Geof9116

Ok, all fixed. I stripped the carbs today but they seem to be new. Fresh fuel and she purring like a kitten, wel tiger lol. Thanks for all your help guys. Definitely a great forum to be part of.
If anyone is planning a ride near me in the summer beer will be available in casa del Geof.  :eusa_clap

JayDub

As it happens Geoff... I go to visit the family quite a few times a year  :icon_wink: where abouts are you? I bet your just around the corner from at least one of them  :icon_smile:

Geof9116

I reside in the sunny enclave of West Derby.

Sin_Tiger

If you haven't had the tank off for a real clean out I'd strongly recommend dropping half a tin of profi fuel max into a 25% Full tank and giving it a whack down the road, top carrya 5 litre spare can with you just in case if rides really nice and you want to keep going  :wheel
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

GavD

Sorry for misleading you about the relay, my memory must be playing tricks on me. problem I've got now is that I'm fighting an urge to rip mine apart to improve my knowledge of the bike and find out exactly what is behind there. :BangHead
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

Geof9116

Hey, you never mislead me at all. I even have a part no for the relay and I am sure it was staring me in the face. All symptoms where the same as the loose bolt on the starter solenoid. Just a combination of things. I even found all the carb rubbers to be loose causing a misfire. I have spent all day checking all nuts bolts, cables ect ect. The only problem I have now is that upon replacing the corroded relay for the high beam I can't get any power to it. That will just have to be a job for another day.

threepot

Quote from: Geof9116 on February 09, 2015, 06:44:33 PM
Ok, all fixed. I stripped the carbs today but they seem to be new. Fresh fuel and she purring like a kitten, wel tiger lol. Thanks for all your help guys. Definitely a great forum to be part of.
If anyone is planning a ride near me in the summer beer will be available in casa del Geof.  :eusa_clap
Come down to the Wales meet! :friday :friday
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Geof9116

Where and when my friend ?. I am far too lazy to dig throught the posts to find out lol

Bixxer Bob

Up and coming section, the clue is in the title.....
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Geof9116

Thanks Buddy, I have posted my intentions. Can't wait.  :wheel

JayDub

Quote from: Geof9116 on February 09, 2015, 06:59:50 PM
I reside in the sunny enclave of West Derby.
Oh, you're posh... I was born and bred in Bootle - but I did live in Waterloo before coming to North Wales  :icon_mrgreen:

Geof9116

Jesus lol, far from posh mate. Even though my post code is West Derby I still live on the border of Stockbridge Village, formally Cantril Farm. Rough as a bears arse lol.