News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Clean the IACV

Started by pineygroveshop, March 22, 2015, 10:39:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pineygroveshop

Hey Y'all,
I'm doing some maintenance and saw that the IACV grommet (gasket to some of you) is missing.  It has been gone for some time now and I never gave it any thought until I read, again, someone saying to make sure it is in place.  I've got one on order and thought that I might as well clean and lube the IACV.  How do I do that?
Cheers,
Stephen

Bixxer Bob

If it was working ok before you started I'd leave well alone unless you've 70 quid or so you want to burn.....  :qgaraduate

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Chris Canning

Take them off and they have a habit of going Boing mine just fell to pieces god knows where the spring went  :icon_confused:

Bixxer Bob

Yup, in the words of one wiser than me,  "Oh, they all do that"..... :nod

There are a few on here that have had bits of IACV disappear into the darkest recesses of the garage; if you must clean it, a cotton bud and some carb cleaner is as good as anything, just don't try to dismantle it.

But as I said originally, if it's running ok, and the IACV isn't sticking when tested with TuneECU, I'd leave it alone.

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

pineygroveshop

Thanks fellas.  I had read the horror stories.  I'll just do a little light cleaning from the outside.
Cheers,
Stephen