News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Crash Bars

Started by Chris Canning, March 28, 2015, 04:10:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

I know Attila  :icon_wink: doesn't like ebay links but if there are many like me who hardly ever look in the forsale Google Heed crash bars any good ?? no idea but they look exotic and good money.

Mustang

whats up with the hoop under the fairing under the headlight ? does the wheel clear at full comp. ?

otherwise killer price , noticed they only have the 800 on their website..................
so just for Chris here's the ebay link ............................. :ImaPoser

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ENGINE-GUARD-CRASH-BARS-HEED-TRIUMPH-TIGER-955-i-01-06-Bunker-/181702023645?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2a4e48d9dd

Bixxer Bob

Nice!! they would've saved my tank in France last year  :icon_rolleyes:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Sin_Tiger

They do look OK for that sort of money. Probably made from bits of old Russian tank's in Gdansk  :thumbsup
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

benebob

They look a bit more useful than many I've seen.
99 Tiger 885i (Killed 12/23/12 9:52am EST by a drunk driver) 06 Tiger 955i (traded 12/23/16  12:52pm)
13 Tiger 800

aeow

Mustang, they actually do have the 955 bars on their website. Switch over to Polish and they'll pop up under the Triumph section.

Too bad they only ship to Europe and Asia on ebay.  :BangHead I might try emailing them to see if they'll ship to the US if bought through their website.

haggis95

I just emailed them to see if they will ship to Canada. I need crash bars.
There's a Tiger in my garage

Bigfeesh

Mine have just arrived, took 2 weeks to the UK. Looks good, the centre mount seems well made, just need to fit it now  :icon_rolleyes:
Tiptop

haggis95

Quote from: aeow on March 31, 2015, 05:28:56 PM
Mustang, they actually do have the 955 bars on their website. Switch over to Polish and they'll pop up under the Triumph section.

Too bad they only ship to Europe and Asia on ebay.  :BangHead I might try emailing them to see if they'll ship to the US if bought through their website.

I emailed them and they ship to the US and Canada - It costs 40euros.

Anyone know if you can remove the tank with these crashbars installed?

John Stenhouse

Can't see why not, the tank goes up at the raer and back, the screws round the indicator aren't masked so that isn't a problem.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

haggis95

HEED bars ordered. Should be here in 3 weeks.

$257Canadian including postage.

I'll post pics.

I need a decent sump guard now.

JTT

Quote from: haggis95 on May 02, 2015, 05:24:04 AM
HEED bars ordered. Should be here in 3 weeks.

$257Canadian including postage.

I'll post pics.

I need a decent sump guard now.

Haggis, please update when you get them. 
2003 955i Tiger
2005 KLR
1970 T100C

haggis95

I will - they are in transit right not.

I have to say the company was easy to work with.

Bigfeesh

Fitted, done and dusted.
     Okay to mount (fnarr fnarr) quite good alignment of the bolt holes but leave as many bolts loose as you can until it is fully fitted, then tighten them correctly. I did not use the supplied engine bolts as the original OE were long enough to be safe. I think the tank can be removed with it fitted, if not its a close run thing. I kept my R&G bobbins too, the RH one needs some shaving down on the lathe, otherwise I am well happy. Here's hoping I wont need to test them!
      Paint quality survived me levering the with a length of wood and bolts a' plenty supplied, stiffnuts, CSCS bolts (counter sunk cap screws), washers all there. I have been looking for a year or so for crashbars and very happy that I bought these from Heed on the 'Bay, delivery was a tad slow, but well wrapped & protected.  :thumbsup
Tiptop

Chris Canning

So all you have to do now is throw the bike down the road to tell us if they work  :icon_wink: