News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Five Season Riding

Started by Sin_Tiger, March 31, 2015, 10:22:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sin_Tiger

I hate horizontal snow, the only good thing is you can still see out of the other half of your visor, I end up constantly wiping my visor like a demented chimp.

You can't duck down for a bit of relief because then you wouldn't be able to see through the snow drift on the screen.

Having to nearly get your knee down to get round corners against the wind is not fun and the snow on the knee doesn't do a lot for my aging joints.

I can put up with all this to get a ride but the final insult was being able to see bugger all because of the sun straight in my  :icon_cool:

In case anyone is wondering what I'm moaning about, this is all going on at the same time  :nod Scottish weather, go  :icon_scratch:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

JayDub

But you would do it again just to be out on two wheels  :icon_wink:
Just a bit of wind here today + the odd shower - unfortunately I was building a staircase - so no two wheeled capers for me  :icon_cry:
Nevermind! Spring is coming.... Do you get Spring in Scotland? or does it just mean less snow?

Nick Calne

That all sounds a bit hardcore, the sort of thing Chairhead would do.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

JayDub

Ah yes but... with a 'chair' attached - that would be much more fun  :icon_biggrin:

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: JayDub on March 31, 2015, 10:47:59 PM
... Do you get Spring in Scotland? or does it just mean less snow?

:icon_razz:

QuoteThat all sounds a bit hardcore, the sort of thing Chairhead would do.

:iagree proper beard required  :icon_wink:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

John Stenhouse

Huh, you reckon you've got it bad, I'm off to Iceland next week for a wedding, who would want to get married on an island where the average temp for april is +3...............oh wait we live on an island...........  :augie

The week after should be better, I'm off to Essen for the classic car show, always take the bike and it feels like the riding season has begun
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

nickjtc

Quote from: John Stenhouse on April 01, 2015, 12:01:44 AM
Huh, you reckon you've got it bad,

We used to live in a cardboard box in't middle of the road........ :icon_lol: :icon_lol:
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"