News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Exhaust wrap

Started by nigeh, April 03, 2015, 09:30:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nigeh

Chris your bike looks fantastic!

I would love to have a look at doing something with the front end of mine but funds prevent it really!  I am sure that there must be something that would improve it from the current range of 'adventure' type bikes on the market but I guess the main issue would be buying forks second hand as probably all bent to hell!

I now have a newer 'standard' rear shock fitted that has only done 7000 miles against my original that has done 40k plus, it certainly feels better and although I rarely ride two up I always carry a lot of luggage with me that is like having a pillion!!

If I come back across to Birmingham from us here in Normandy I can do it without the fuel light coming on if I do not have the panniers on as it is around 215 miles BUT if panniers on then no chance light comes on around 180 ish miles.

I might be coming to the midlands sometime late April and if I do be good to see that bike of yours.

In the meantime I will have to work on the diet!!!! :nono
who needs four cylinders??

www.maisonlaudiere.com

Chris Canning

Hi Nige

We are the Jerez GP end of april beginning of may but your more than welcome to come and have a look I've been that busy with mine I've never really looked at the mag wheel version.

When I went to a five and a half inch rim on the back and a 17 front I had rims laced on secondhand hubs and that was done by Central Wheel in Coleshill wheel wise the cheapest option is either to find something else that fits particularly the front,or try and find a front end off a KTM or similar because they will have to be longish.

Just lots of home work and trial and error.

nigeh

Hope the Jerez race is as good as last weekends, whatever Ducati did to that bike you can sure bet is p****ng Rossi off  :icon_mrgreen:

As you say those forks are going to have to be loooong!  Be great to put a GS front end on as I really liked the lack of dive on my BM and was a shock going to the Tiger, probably why the Tiger is the only bike I wear rear pads out on as fast as the fronts almost, just trying to keep the thing level under braking!

If I come over I will be around for a couple of weeks or so so maybe get to meet up.  I know of central wheel as always used to buy tyres from Coleshill and think the tyre part was on the same industrial estate back in the day.

Will have to look at all the dimensions of different options one day or when my other half wins the lottery for me  :icon_mrgreen:

www.maisonlaudiere.com

Sin_Tiger

I won't argue with you about the Roadie looks, it's the only Triumph I've ever thought of as poor in the styling department. Not controversial love it or Hate it, just bleah, the styling department must have overdosed on vanilla that week, so I didn't cry when I traded it like I would if anything happened to the Steamer.

The chassis and engine sold it for me, I think it's a bit of a sleeper for the money that you can get low milers for at the moment.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

nigeh

I had a mate who bought one for a three week trip around France.  He got it on ebay then sold it as soon as he got back from the trip!!

We did some ride-outs and he said that he felt our bikes were pretty equal on acceleration etc and he rides like a complete and utter nutter!  He owned a supercharged B-King at the time, as well as a Spondon framed GSX1100 turbo, which is why he got the Tiger as the B-King only did 18mpg and the Spondon a little less! :bug_eye

I rode one back to back with my 955i when I was trading the BM and I preffered the 955i but maybe the 1050 engine in the 955 might be worth a look !

www.maisonlaudiere.com

Chris Canning

Hi Nige

Re your bike I'd look for a 17" front wheel the same age as yours and hope the speedo fits and if not get a spare front hub and get a rim put on by Central Wheel and see how it goes.

Re bikes I've been all around the houses bike wise in the last 18 months the 1050 is fine but it's marginally quicker with the emphasis on marginal and has a smaller tank,I've ridden two Multis and Ohlins electric version and a Sky Hook active of the two I'd take the Ohlins but two up the ergos was crap on both sat on a DVT and it's a different animal and unless anything else comes out of the woodwork we'll have one but it will be a stocker.

The advantage I have over the others on here having ridden the road from Domfront to Sees for more years than I care to remember and lot of that road I've had my Tiger both on the stop and most of the time it's been on the side of the tyre would I get down there any quicker on a Multi?? only one way to find out.

Chris Canning

What I forgot to say the front wire wheel will fit in yours.