News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

what is this?

Started by Bixxer Bob, April 26, 2015, 11:01:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

Seen locally today, I thought it was an Allard initially, but can't find it listed.  I do know what is is as I've seen it before but my memory fails me. Anyone any ideas???  I notice is seems to have a Bavarian engine,,,,
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Sin_Tiger

I think I've seen one before too  :^_^ something in my memory says it's a recent french kit car .
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

John Stenhouse

That's a Pembleton I think, and the reason you think it's French is the other engine they fit is the 2cv!

Link here:http://www.pembleton.co.uk/
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

nickjtc

Neat. And probably very expensive.

Edit: apparently not.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Nick Calne

I wonder how it handles, that engine is in front of the front wheels!
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: nickcalne on April 27, 2015, 08:30:03 AM
I wonder how it handles, that engine is in front of the front wheels!

Same as many 80's Renaults, brake late, turn, power on, hedge  :bug_eye
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

John Stenhouse

Really quite well, Sin has pointed out the must do, power, never brake into the apex, do it all in a straight line then power all the way round.

Course helps that a 2cv engine weighs fuck all anyway.

Bixxer Bob

Pendleton Brooklands apparently.....

Usually has a 2CV engine but some have fitted Guzzi or BMW motors.  Wonder what other motors would fit??? 

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

nickjtc

If you can find a donor car at a reasonable price, that is actually quite an interesting and affordable build.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

John Stenhouse

Don't need the whole car just some odds and sods really, most of the stuff for that build I have lying around.

JayDub

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on April 27, 2015, 11:46:01 PM
Pendleton Brooklands apparently.....

Usually has a 2CV engine but some have fitted Guzzi or BMW motors.  Wonder what other motors would fit???
Honda CX500

John Stenhouse

Yes but then you have to site a rad somewhere for the water cooling

JayDub

I've seen a few of this type of kit-car, usually with Cx or Guzzi motors, with a rad in front. I almost bought one for 60 quid (in 1979) t'was a fibreglass jobbie, 3 wheeler - one at the back... can't remember which motor it had though.... didn't Morgan do something similar?

John Stenhouse

Yes Morgan currently do a three wheeler, trading on their heritage of having made them in the past, I think that has a stonking V twin on it, something like 2.3 litre iirc

Sin_Tiger

Yup, saw one in the Perth dealer not so long ago, uses a "Power Stroke", or something like that, one of the companies that makes V twins for custom cruisers but they actually have some power, unlike another well known make  :augie