News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

triumph tiger 955i hepco & becker crash bars question

Started by jp7rgv, June 04, 2015, 09:47:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jp7rgv

Hi there,
I would like to ask:
I have found a brand new set  of hepco & becker crash bars for 60 euro.
Do they worth or maybe  is better To wait and find a used set of touratech or even better thunderbike crash bars? 
Any opinions from owners?

Thanks!

John Stenhouse

Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Chris Canning

I found that crash bars didn't mean a thing to me just bling on the bike  :icon_redface: until I was skating down the road on my arse and then I was very glad I had Touratech on I was completely oblivious to how much home work they had done ie when the bike is on it side the bars don't touch the ground  :icon_eek:

But hey if you never fall off it's purely hypothetical  :icon_biggrin:

NortonCharlie

I liked my Hepco Becker crash bars.  Tested a set in Arkansas.  Had to get borrow a piece of pipe to straighten my handle bars but road it off and home.  Got Thunderbike crash bars on my current Tiger, probably protects more but they limit my leg room and stick out to far to use my tank panniers.  I would have swapped out the HB bars onto this bike but it looked like more work than I wanted to do.
01 Dew Green 955i Tiger

02 Sprint RS

74 Norton 850 Commando

jp7rgv

What Do you think about the price? It's sounds a fair price To  me for a new set.
What are the prices for the other 2 brands?

vpafi

Quote from: jp7rgv on June 04, 2015, 09:45:19 PM
What Do you think about the price? It's sounds a fair price To  me for a new set.
What are the prices for the other 2 brands?
The price is very good. Almost free. If you search on savidis.gr you but then about 145€ I think.