News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Steamer spares

Started by Nick Calne, August 01, 2015, 09:00:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Calne

Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

AlienFing

Hi Nick, I'm after a back rack and the left and right side panels (either side of airbox) if you have them for my '93 900. Cheers.

I think it's me that NeilD just mentioned as he put me onto you after seeing my post on a FaceBook group!

Nick Calne

Going into the hell hole that is the loft and I'll get looking. I definately have a rack, those particular panels ...not so sure. I'll check!

Geoff W

Assuming that your saddle is in anything like decent shape it should be better than mine is at present. Can I lay a claim on it, as you are venturing into your loft. I am probably driving to Dorset in the Autumn, I could pick it up then if you want.
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

nickjtc

Quote from: NickVladivostock on August 07, 2015, 02:08:01 PM
Going into the hell hole that is the loft and I'll get looking. I definately have a rack, those particular panels ...not so sure. I'll check!
Isn't it a sad, realistic, state of affairs that we never know exactly what we have for accumulated junk stuff.  :ImaPoser
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: nickjtc on August 08, 2015, 05:23:53 AM
Isn't it a sad, realistic, state of affairs that we never know exactly what we have for accumulated junk stuff.  :ImaPoser

This is a technique borrowed from MI6. You bury the knowledge so deep in your memory that you don't divulge the information under interrogation  :^_^
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

AlienFing

Quote from: NickVladivostock on August 07, 2015, 02:08:01 PM

Ok thanks Nick. Even just the rack would be a great start.

Nick Calne

**When reading this part of the thread you should be humming the "I went to the danger zone" theme from Top Gun.

I went in the loft and dug out the first tranche of stuff for people.  There is literally loads more in there but I must move some stuff around to get to it.  I'll try again tomorrow and see what that liberates.  Today's situation...

Alienfing - Sorry mate, error 404: rack not located at this attempt. See comment re tomorrow.

Jaydub - ECU located and ready to post.  PM me your address.  Some further good news the three 'free to good home' coils have also been located.  I was expecting them to be Gill, but the letters  P V & L are visible on the top of the units making you today's lucky winner!  As for the side panel in black, I wasn't sure which one you meant.  The picture below shows the black panels I have.  You can have the side one postage only if it is the one you want.  I would like to sell the others if poss.

GeoffW - Saddle found. Condition is pretty good, a couple of very small spots of wear on the corners.  Can keep it by for you if you like, but would prefer to get it out of the house before I move if I can!

Sin Tiger - I found a couple of things you might like including some rear stock indicators and I know that at one point you were looking for a standard small screen, see picture.

Updated list:

Engine
Coils Jaydub
Forks
Swingarm
Wheels
Carbs
Wiring loom
Body work, lots, red, blue, black
Clocks
Soyuz space capsule
Saddle Geoff W
Exhausts
Handlebars
Mig 25 foxbat (shot down by Maverick)
Indicators
Lights
Air box
Snorkels
Radiator and plastic cover
Various brackets
Torque arm
Swingarm
3-1 exhaust manifold and venom can (Unused)
Some vodka, an AK47, a lada riva in biege and the gun turret off a btr90. Both to Bixxer Bob

tankerman

Hi, I've only just registered so excuse me for being cheeky, but would be interested in the airbox if still available, and possibly the forks.

Regards.

Geoff W

It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

NeilD

I recognise that screen :(

Nick Calne

Ok guys update time.

Alienfing, the rack is not anywhere to be found. Sorry for getting your hopes up.

Jay, I'll post your kit tomorrow if time allows. Yes I have a clock somewhere, it's yours now buddy.

Tanker, yup forks and airbox available ...make me an offer!

NeilID, Sorry buddy but she lives on in spirit keeping my obe going.

AlienFing

Ok thanks NickVladivostock.

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: AlienFing on August 11, 2015, 11:15:58 PM
Ok thanks NickVladivostock.

I have a steel tube, earlier type, that is straight but needs some tlc if that's any good to you.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

rf9rider

Nick, I`d be interested in the carbs (Mikunis?) and the 3-1 headers.

Picture of the headers would be nice.

Still owe you a pint for the clock surround you sent me a while back.  :augie