News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Bike tipped over in my parking lot, now dead, stranded.

Started by rex007can, September 02, 2015, 11:12:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rex007can

2001 Tiger 955I

I was just leaving my parking space, stalled it, the bike tipped over on it's left not moving forward.
Bike stopped.
I picket it up.
And now it's dead dead. No lights, no clicks, nothing, just dead.
Checked the fuses, all clear.
Checked the relays, nothing seemed loose.
Checked wiring, can't see anything loose.
Checked key/ignition switch wires, nothing seemed to get pulled or moved.

Is there something obvious I'm missing or should I just call a tow truck...
fuck...
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

JayDub

Quote from: rex007can on September 02, 2015, 11:12:52 PM
2001 Tiger 955I

I was just leaving my parking space, stalled it, the bike tipped over on it's left not moving forward.
Bike stopped.
I picket it up.
And now it's dead dead. No lights, no clicks, nothing, just dead.
Checked the fuses, all clear.
Checked the relays, nothing seemed loose.
Checked wiring, can't see anything loose.
Checked key/ignition switch wires, nothing seemed to get pulled or moved.

Is there something obvious I'm missing or should I just call a tow truck...
fuck...
Tip over switch need resetting? I don'tknow how though... Someone will be along soon who does, or lookin the handbook or manual.

motoOzarks

Have had:  Girelli Bronco 50, Honda xr70, Yamaha YZ80, Yamaha MX175, Suzuki TS250, Honda XR350, Honda XR500, Honda XL600r, Suzuki DR200, Suzuki GS1100e, Honda Ruckas 49, BMW F650GS
Have:  Yamaha TW200, Suzuki DRZ400s, Triumph Tiger 955i

rex007can

Battery is connected. Ign switch looks fine but without tools it's not testable. Tilt switch would not cut the lights off

Im thinking relay under the fairing. But without tools...

motoOzarks

shake around on the terminals and twist around on the ignition switch

it just started fine so you should have power

on/off switch ?

Have had:  Girelli Bronco 50, Honda xr70, Yamaha YZ80, Yamaha MX175, Suzuki TS250, Honda XR350, Honda XR500, Honda XL600r, Suzuki DR200, Suzuki GS1100e, Honda Ruckas 49, BMW F650GS

JoeDirt

I know it's three hours too late but...

Have someone jump you with their car. Almost all Canadians have jumper cables. I have used my car to jump start my bike before. If you can't find someone to jump your bike, take your battery out and carry it to any garage or car parts store. They should be able to check the battery. You could have broken a cell inside the battery

If the battery is okay. Tap on the roll over relay with a screw driver handle or knife handle.

If the above doesn't work... I would try and switch all of your 4 prong relays with each other.

I will apologize in advance if none of these work. I am sorry you got stranded.

~JoeDirt

motoOzarks

JoeDirt

This is a dangerous suggestion. Red Neck tow truck. Get a rope and have friend pull you in "neutral". You'll need your clutch hand to hold the rope. That way you can let go if needed. Brakes are hydraulic and work whether it's running or not.

Make sure your friend pulling doesn't go too fast. Especially, around corners.

I would like to apologize in advance if you die from this suggestion.

rex007can

Bettery is standard and looks fine. Its not like I dropped it going 40, it basically fell down while stopped with the engine stalled.

I'm really tjinking either wire pulled  loose in the key ignition switch from the handle bars rudely forced all the way,  or loose relay connection from the shock.

If i turn the key and literally nothing happens,  i doubt towing it 25mph and dropping the clutch will do anything.

Anyhow,  a bike tow truck will pick it up tomorrow and bring it home.  I took the bus and subway.
I'll post whatever I find this weekend.

motoOzarks

Bixxer Bob

You mentioned that the bars had been forced all the way....  simply pulled a loom plug / socket apart???
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

rex007can

Yeah,  that was my first thought too.
Took out the fairing and the key switch.  All good.
Finally took out the battery,  fuse in the socket clipped to the battery box was blown.
Finally!
Replaced it,  turned the key...  Power.

So,  now I got the engine running,  but...

The bike has an HID kit installed, and now the lights wont come on.
For you hid gurus, the h4 light socket is powered on,  if I connect an H4 bulb it turns on.
The HID kit is made up of one control box connected to the power (h4 socket),  going out to 2 high voltage converters, each connected to "mistery"  box,  connected to the bulbs.

So.  Control box works (relay clicking),  small auxiliary bulbs turn on.
No high pitch whine from the high voltage boxes,  no light.

Did the high voltage boxes blow,  causing a surge the blew the fuse on the battery box?

motoOzarks

somethin moved somewhere

what fuse does the one blown protect?

rex007can

motoOzarks

I'da looked there first

Does it look blown "all at once"?

or is stuff hot melty looking?