News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Bit Grumpy

Started by Bixxer Bob, January 07, 2016, 11:53:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

Should have been in post op by now, having had my insides stuffed back in, but thanks to a threatened doctors strike and a shortage of beds due to locals not being able to drive to the shops without hitting something, it was cancelled  :BangHead

Now I have to go through the whole planning and time management thing again when I have a new date.  It's not so much about me getting faffed around, it's all the other people that have put themselves out to cover me at work, cover the wife at work for a few days till I'm back on my feet, the fact that now my op will very likely clash with the boss having his leg done. (It's a small family business so more than one away at a time is difficult).

On the bright side, and to count myself lucky, I'm not dying of anything; I feel for the poor bastards where every day waiting could be a day too far.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

JayDub

Chin up BB, soon it will all be a distant nightmare  :icon_wink:
Anyway, ...It will soon be summer, and the 2016 meet :icon_biggrin:

Nick Calne

Ah mate what an annoyance. Hope it comes good soon.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

nickjtc

Sorry to have to say it.... it's the same over here too.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on January 07, 2016, 11:53:18 AM
a shortage of beds due to locals not being able to drive to the shops without hitting something, it was cancelled  :BangHead

Or wailing foul after having gone on their arse from over indulging / texting at the wheel / walking out in front of a bus with a phone stuck to the end of their nose  :icon_mad:

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on January 07, 2016, 11:53:18 AM
I feel for the poor bastards where every day waiting could be a day too far.

Amen to that  :nod
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

London_Phil

And don't forget, whilst  in the waiting room, queuing for some Xrays, some idiot is trying to get a dirty shock absorber to lie still on the table, and hold its breath......

:augie