News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Revs don't drop!

Started by threepot, January 17, 2016, 01:05:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

threepot

I've noticed recently,the revs are slow to,or don't drop between gear changes. Bike settles to a nice idle,and runs great otherwise. Could this be a diaphragm issue?
95 Super111
96 Tiger

tonytiger

Could be that or jets. Dose the needle flutter when reved

Sin_Tiger

A few possible culprits. I would check the throttle cable first. Then the choke slider before ripping into things.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

threepot

Quote from: tonytiger on January 17, 2016, 01:40:26 PM
Could be that or jets. Dose the needle flutter when reved
Can't say ive noticed?
95 Super111
96 Tiger

threepot

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on January 17, 2016, 02:20:09 PM
A few possible culprits. I would check the throttle cable first. Then the choke slider before ripping into things.
I've checked free play on cable,but its been a while since I've lubed it,and carb linkages,so I'll try that :thumbsup
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Sin_Tiger

Choke slides don't get a lot of use or attention and I've come across it myself, similar symptoms but it's something that's easier to see and eliminate, which is why I mentioned it.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

JayDub

The inlet rubbers too TP, sounds suspiciously like an air leak  :nod

threepot

Quote from: JayDub on January 17, 2016, 09:13:03 PM
The inlet rubbers too TP, sounds suspiciously like an air leak  :nod
Thought of that,but they were replaced 3 and a bit years ago,when I bought the bike. Worth tightening clamps though?
95 Super111
96 Tiger

motoOzarks

If it's not popping it's prolly not leaking
Have had:  Girelli Bronco 50, Honda xr70, Yamaha YZ80, Yamaha MX175, Suzuki TS250, Honda XR350, Honda XR500, Honda XL600r, Suzuki DR200, Suzuki GS1100e, Honda Ruckas 49, BMW F650GS
Have:  Yamaha TW200, Suzuki DRZ400s, Triumph Tiger 955i

JayDub

I was able to check the diaphragms/slides with the carbs on the bike, careful with those tiny o' rings though  :icon_eek:

BruKen

:icon_scratch: After giving this some considerable thought so as not to rush in with a bogus diagnostic I am inclined to agree. It's carbs related :^_^

Is it fixed yet? What was it?

threepot

Well,fitted new plugs,and gave carb assembly a good soaking of Pocket Rocket(like wd40). Cleaned and sprayed all coil connections with Ac50. Bike fired up straight away! I'm convinced the tt600 coil conversion has made a noticable difference in starting? Looking forward to a ride tomorrow :icon_smile:  Will let you know if the rev issue is sorted?
95 Super111
96 Tiger

threepot

Big improvement I'm happy to say! Combination of new plugs and a good soaking of Pocket Rocket..much crisper throttle response low-down  . ID noticed that the idle adjuster had stuck a little,so give that a good spraying. I'm sure that effects running if not lubed enough?
95 Super111
96 Tiger

JayDub

That shouldn't affect the running TP, just the tick-over speed adjustment... do the revs drop as they should now?

threepot

Tis better,but there is a 'little' hesitation when accelerating off,but its hardly noticeable. Bike still pulls strong! Hey,this bike is 20yr old! Had a great ride today around Llyn Brianne dam earlier,and thought there were not many other bikes I'd rather be on  :icon_wink: Even took it off road!
95 Super111
96 Tiger