News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Revs don't drop!

Started by threepot, January 17, 2016, 01:05:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mustang

threepot

95 Super111
96 Tiger

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

BruKen

threepot

Oh,for a minute there,I thought my 'tigger' was a bit 'special'?! :icon_wink:
95 Super111
96 Tiger

JayDub

Quote from: threepot on February 05, 2016, 01:51:50 PM
Oh,for a minute there,I thought my 'tigger' was a bit 'special'?! :icon_wink:
Aren't they all?  :love10

Nick Calne

A bit special.

It's not only true of the bikes round here either...
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

threepot

What's your views on re-using the camchain?. If the timing arrows don't align,it's time to change?
95 Super111
96 Tiger

JayDub

Quote from: threepot on February 07, 2016, 08:37:23 PM
What's your views on re-using the camchain?. If the timing arrows don't align,it's time to change?
Theres also the measuring between 20(?)  link pins trick, but I don't know the numbers, if its done a decent mileage... and If you're in there anyway? :icon_wink:

threepot

Don't know the history of the engine? Just over 60k,valves look in good shape. Ive got to change 5 inlets shims,but only to 2.65. All chain guides look very good. Cam sprocket arrows were out slightly,but tensioner seemed all the way out..hardly any tension when I removed?Seen on eBay..Japanese Morse chain for about £47. So I'm tempted to try it?
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Sin_Tiger

Go for it, I did it at 80k but that was pushing it when I saw it.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

JayDub

Yup,  :iagree at that mileage it's peace of mind

Bixxer Bob

Drop Clive Woods an Email, he'll be able to advise, although like you say,I'd probably do it anyway,  eighty-odd quid is small beer in the greater scheme of things....
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

threepot

95 Super111
96 Tiger

threepot

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on February 08, 2016, 11:42:28 AM
Drop Clive Woods an Email, he'll be able to advise, although like you say,I'd probably do it anyway,  eighty-odd quid is small beer in the greater scheme of things....
Fitted new chain Bob..Morse brand. And changed 4 inlet shims. All chain blades were in good order. And a new tensioner spring.
95 Super111
96 Tiger