News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Looking instruction to replace Sparg Clutch my tiger 98

Started by CRAZY, February 25, 2016, 02:13:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CRAZY

Looking instruction to replace Sparg Clutch my tiger 98.
Where can I buy Sprag clutch i am from Bulgaria.

Sin_Tiger

For your bike you need to take the engine out so tell us now what your skill levels are so that we can advise with appropriate instructions.

Do you have access to a workshop manual?

You can get a suitable sprag clutch assembly from CCM Spares Dept. for about £25, which is a lot cheaper than Triumph.

Other seals and gaskets I would suggest contacting Kath at Jack Lilley Triumph spares. They are very experienced shipping overseas.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Timbox2

Depends whats wrong I suppose, but I have seen a video of a guy repairing a sprag using the spring from an oilseal, was a different bike though so not sure if it applies to Trumpets.
2016 Tiger Sport

Mustang

Quote from: Timbox2 on February 25, 2016, 04:08:56 PM
Depends whats wrong I suppose, but I have seen a video of a guy repairing a sprag using the spring from an oilseal, was a different bike though so not sure if it applies to Trumpets.
theres a thread in the steamer section with part # for the seal to get the correct spring to repair a steamer sprag

Yellowtiger99

I had repaired a spray on a 9? Years ago.  Does your engine have the access cover to get to the sprag?  If so, you do not need to remove the engine.  I had a short video on YouTube for some time documenting the repair.  I will have to find it if you are interested. The updated spray was larger than the original so I did have to modify the casing to accept the larger clutch.  If you do not have that cover plate you will have to remove engine and do quite a bit more work.
99 Tiger
74 R90/6

ssevy

A few years ago I saw a post on the web with a bunch of pictures taken during a sprag clutch replacement. It was a Triumph triple, not sure which model. If you google "triumph triple sprag clutch replacement photos" you'll get a page full of photos, and then when you hover your mouse over them they tell you where they are from. Pick the ones you need and click on them and you'll get to the threads.
Both shop manuals are helpful, but I really find actual photos to be even better.
I may not be big, but I'm slow.

London_Phil

I have the 67 images from that stripdown. It was on a Thunderbird engine. I downloaded them for offline viewing.
It is a little different on the TBird engine, but near enough for anyone to follow.
As they ultimately belong to someone else I'm not sure what we can do to re upload, as the original host no longer responds   (http://stanware.digoxy.com/imageupload/sprag%20sized/gallery12.htm)
Total file size is 5.2Mb
If the Admins can advise, I can FTP to the Tigertriple server, or zip and email to whoever wants it (same size zipped, but easier to send)

Regards

Phil

Mustang

CRAZY

my mail :georgemonov@yahoo.com
Looking any instructions on removing and replacing sparg clutch

http://www.triumphestore.com/p/Triumph_1998_Tiger885/Sprag-and-clutch-assembly/43479875/T1221030.html

Removed without dismantling the cylinder. Only crankcase for 3 hours.
:wings
I will add photos when I can.