News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Differnnces in a 99 and a 2001 tiger? Help needed

Started by leebo, May 30, 2005, 03:14:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leebo

I am going to look a t a 1999 Tiger tomorrow and I was wondering wether the newer ones are that much better?

Any help?

Lee
Leebo

guydan

I have a MY2000 Tiger (identical to the 1999).  The bike is great, plenty of power (for me), is comfortable (OK maybe the seat needs some modification for long rides) and has been reliable (although I've only put about 3k miles on it).  I believe (and others will correct me if I'm wrong) that there are two differences between the 99/00 version and 01-04; a larger motor (955i versus 885i) and the available colors.  I can't comment on the performance differences, plenty of other people have opinions here (check out some other threads).  Based on what I read, I don't believe you could go wrong with either version, it's more a question of your budget and finding a well cared for, reasonably priced example.
Cheers,

Doug

Dick Boyer

Buy the 01, you'll smile a lot more.

NortonCharlie

Is the 01 your looking at a 955,  The early 2001 models are the same as the 1999.  I've got a 2001 955 Tiger and am very happy 54,000 miles and counting.
01 Dew Green 955i Tiger

02 Sprint RS

74 Norton 850 Commando

leebo

It is the smaller engine.

I presently have a Sprint  that I realy like but I am tired of my hands going numb. I rode a 2003 tiger and really liked it.

I am probably going way over board on the cure but it never hurts to look.

Will have to put the test off till friday since it is raining and the shop is 1 . 5 hours away.

Thanks for the info.

Lee
Leebo