News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Speedo Reading

Started by Chris Canning, May 17, 2016, 09:17:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

Can anyone running the stock 46 rear with a 19 front give me some speedo readings at 5/6/7k mine is running a little slow and I have a gizmo that I fitted when I went to a 17" front wheel so I can alter it.

JoeDirt

That's my configuration... when do you need it by?

It's been cloudy and cold here... I haven't been riding much. :icon_sad:

Chris Canning

Bixxer Bob

Chris, my speedo is spot on according to my GPS and with a 19 front I run 5600 at 90mph.  On the 18 tooth it used to be 6000 = 90.

that should get you close, then on a straight bit of road, check it with GPS.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Chris Canning

Cheers Bix that'll do.

Timbox2

Chris, according to a gearing calculator on the net, with your set up, I'm assuming a 180/55 rear?. At 6000 in top your bike should be doing around 97 MPH.  5000 in top and your still potentially in trouble (81).

Pretty cool site, have a look  http://www.gearingcommander.com/

2016 Tiger Sport

Chris Canning

Cheers Timothy all I have to do now is remember how to ajust having just spent the last 30 minutes out on the bike with no success come home Google it Eeee Eawww :icon_redface:

Always easy when you know how or can remember!!

Chris Canning

Thanks gents thought was a bit strange how I passing everything with only 80 on the clock :icon_redface:

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: Chris Canning on May 26, 2016, 12:45:43 PM
Thanks gents thought was a bit strange how I passing everything with only 80 on the clock :icon_redface:

:cp

:rfl :rfl :rfl 
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...