News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Fork boots/gaiters

Started by haggis95, June 26, 2016, 07:13:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

haggis95

I'm upgrading the fork springs, and adding cartridge emulators.

I have the forks off.

But how do you get the gaiters/boots off?

There's a metal ring round the bottom of the gaiter.
There's a Tiger in my garage

Timbox2

2016 Tiger Sport

haggis95

:icon_rolleyes: I actually thought of that all by my self...

but it seems to be in one piece and I don't want to pry it off and ruin the rubber on the gaiter

Has anyone done it?

Timbox2

Quote from: haggis95 on June 26, 2016, 05:46:02 PM
:icon_rolleyes: I actually thought of that all by my self...

but it seems to be in one piece and I don't want to pry it off and ruin the rubber on the gaiter

Has anyone done it?
Dunno what youve got then, the std Triumph Fork gaitor clips are the same top and bottom, IE screw type, sorry cant be of help
2016 Tiger Sport

haggis95

PeteH

Quote from: Timbox2 on June 26, 2016, 05:51:59 PM
Dunno what youve got then, the std Triumph Fork gaitor clips are the same top and bottom, IE screw type, sorry cant be of help
Worldoftriumph have a different price for top and bottom?
Might I suggest you cut it (carefully) with either a Junior hacksaw or a cutting tool in a Dremmel then just fit a jubilee clip
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

Timbox2

Quote from: PeteH on June 26, 2016, 08:02:01 PM
Worldoftriumph have a different price for top and bottom?
Might I suggest you cut it (carefully) with either a Junior hacksaw or a cutting tool in a Dremmel then just fit a jubilee clip

I should have said same type, they are different sizes hence different part nos, most jubilee clips are too wide, Ive been hunting for replacements for mine for a while, only because mine look a bit rusty, Im actually thinking of using zip-ties.
2016 Tiger Sport

Sin_Tiger

You can get 6mm stainless hose clips or use 6mm stainless cable ties if you want to retain the appearance. Otherwise I'd just use normal UV stabilised cable ties.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

haggis95

I got them off and they tore like paper.

Are the neoprene gaiters (they are more like socks than gaiters) any good.

Timbox2

Im not a fan of the neoprene socks, to my mind they just hold dampness and crud against the legs
2016 Tiger Sport