News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Radiator replacement

Started by ghulst, July 01, 2016, 09:35:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghulst

Thanks guys. The one hose going down has a plug in it, so that is sorted out then. Time to put the thing back back together. :)
2008 Triumph Street Triple R | Ex Triumph Tiger 900 T400 1993, Tiger 800XC 2011

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: GavD on July 23, 2016, 07:51:15 PM
I guess I can just fold it over and cable tie it if it's missing.

:nod
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

ghulst

The bike is getting there, but I have a problem with parts going AWOL...

I am sure they were there when I started and they should've stayed on my workbench, but they haven't. :(

I'm desperately looking for the black lid that goes on the left side expansion chamber (left side as sitting on the bike). And I am missing the tube that one of the bolts holding the bottom of the tank goes through.

Is there anyone that can help me with these?

ghulst

I thought I would finish the story...

Anyway, the Tiger has been off the road in the non-fun sense since the 1st of July, so after my three weeks holiday and extra days at the beach etc. It was time to get some work done tonight. I attached a list to the fairing when I went, just to make sure I wouldn't forget anything, and I think I didn't. Anyway, I put the cross bracket in on the crash bars and mounted some small stuff. Then I went on a search for something that could replace the missing sleeve that is around the bolts that hold the tank in place at the rear. I found one from RVS and cut it to size, so the tank is fixed now as well. :)
Time to fire it up and get the air out of the cooling system. That went pretty well and when the fan came on, I was a happy camper. Even though there were some black clouds at the horizon, nothing was going to stop me now. So I mounted the fairing with the new bolts I found, put on my summer gear and took it for a spin.

Doesn't it just look right.

And pretty tough with the new crashbars. ;)