News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Came off my '05 955i today; need a new footpeg :-(

Started by Revilo, September 08, 2016, 07:43:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Revilo

:frown2:

Dropped my '05 Tiger 955i today, low speed and my own fault (no-one else involved).

I'm a bit shaken up but ok.

I need a new right hand-side footage / footrest (on the rider's right side) -- any ideas of stockists in the UK?

Ironically I only live a few miles from Hinckley . . .

Ride safe chaps!

Ossian

I've done that a couple of times. I've found that the Triumph pegs are brittle and snap but cheap chinese pegs I bought on ebay just bent slightly and I was able to straighten them in the vise.
To tide you over, the pillion peg can be used in the front mount with no problems.

Revilo

Thanks, I fixed the bike today by moving the pillion r/hand peg forward to replace the broken rider's one!

It may only be a temporary bodge but it works just as well.

Winner!

Bixxer Bob

I welded my broken peg back together....

you could invest in a set of Mustang's pegs   :nod
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

thebiglad

Just as an alternative suggestion, would you consider something like these, which as well as replacing your 1 broken peg for less money, actually gives you adjustable height and reach facillities?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Black-Shadow-CNC-Front-Foot-Pegs-Rest-25mm-for-Triumph-Tiger-955i-01-04-05-06-/201637683457?hash=item2ef28ae101:g:P3IAAOSwdzVXoOzO
2006 Tiger 955i

Ossian

Quote from: thebiglad on September 10, 2016, 11:28:42 AM
Just as an alternative suggestion, would you consider something like these, which as well as replacing your 1 broken peg for less money, actually gives you adjustable height and reach facillities?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Black-Shadow-CNC-Front-Foot-Pegs-Rest-25mm-for-Triumph-Tiger-955i-01-04-05-06-/201637683457?hash=item2ef28ae101:g:P3IAAOSwdzVXoOzO
BL, these are like the ones I fitted to my other bike and they've given me a couple of years service so far. My reservations on them are that when I got them I had to helicoil one of them as the threads stripped when I tried to tighten them in the position I wanted. The other thing is that I'm not sure how strong the assembly screws are if you are a "big lad" and like to stand up in the saddle over rough going.

thebiglad

Hi Ossian and thank you for your comments.

I really just posted that link to one of the many pairs of adjustable footpegs for sale on Ebay, that could be bought for less money than a single Triumph replacement - however it's nice to hear from someone who has actually used stuff.
2006 Tiger 955i

Ossian

Here is the Triumph version of the ones I bought for a Honda.

They've been fine for me in service and just bent a bit rather than snapping when I dropped the bike (twice  :icon_frown: ) The link piece between peg and pivot bent and was tough as old boots I found when I came to try to straighten it in a vise.