News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

So Annoying

Started by Chris Canning, September 13, 2016, 04:24:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

Folks on here will know I've had 2 attempts several years apart at trying to get Samco to do us a water hose kit for the 955 with the same old 'Order 10 kits and supply us with a set to copy' and now I see the XR BM that I bought earlier in the year and has been out just over 18 months now has had a kit made for it :icon_evil:

Dyn Blin

We're on the same frequency, I purchased a replacement set a couple weeks ago and searched a few threads and sites looking for some silicone replacements, thinking I'd seen them before.  'couldn't find any love.

I've been through the mental calculus of cost for a bike passing a decade in age, but like the family's 20 year-old Vovlo, it would be nice to put some hoses on there knowing they would likely outlast the machine they're on.

Anyhow, I'll still be #2 in your group buy.  I figure I'll be able to rally a few stateside Girly riders to the cause should it come to pass.

This is why we can't have nice things.

Chris Canning

I have an email somewhere from them,what they don't realise if I order 10 sets and pay up front I'll sell at cost which will do their follow up market no good what so ever.

The only glitch I have ever managed to find is the fact that the 2 955 models do not use a common set as the later version has the pipe coming out the rear of block instead of the side,I'll try and make another effort with them this winter because it appears they make just about a kit every other Triumph and some.

Dyn Blin

Quote from: Chris Canning on September 13, 2016, 05:33:28 PM

The only glitch I have ever managed to find is the fact that the 2 955 models do not use a common set as the later version has the pipe coming out the rear of block instead of the side...

A group effort may still see some benefit- 3 of the 4 hose sections are the same between models (not counting the plumbing related to the overflow tank)- in no particular order:

Pipe-Bypass: T2102566
Pipe-coolant-Thermostat to Radiator:  T2102386
Pipe-coolant-Cylinder Head To Thermostat:  T2102376

(Most of these have cross-over fitment to the 885i's too. )

Then the trickiness (someone that knows their onions should check me on this):

up to the 2006 re-route-
Hose-Bottom:  T2102393 (I believe this fits all models up to and including 2005)

2006+Until the 1050-
Hose:  T2100112
Hose-pump to block: T2100136
Kit- elbow:  T2107010

This is why we can't have nice things.