News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Can't find the part number for the throttle adjuster

Started by benebob, October 04, 2016, 11:02:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

benebob

Seems I snapped the POS plastic throttle adjuster when I had the steering apart.  Spent a good 1/2 hour looking at the parts diagrams and there doesn't seem to be a replacment part number for it.  This is the adjuster that sits below the right handlebar switch gear.  Anybody have any ideas?
99 Tiger 885i (Killed 12/23/12 9:52am EST by a drunk driver) 06 Tiger 955i (traded 12/23/16  12:52pm)
13 Tiger 800

JayDub

Its part of the cable assembly, I've never   known of a successful repair either  :BangHead

benebob

Man that sucks, $40 for a new one.  Guess it just made sense to replace those brass seperate adjusters with something that makes you go to the stealership...  Then when they stop selling parts you need to junk the bike and buy a new one.
99 Tiger 885i (Killed 12/23/12 9:52am EST by a drunk driver) 06 Tiger 955i (traded 12/23/16  12:52pm)
13 Tiger 800

Vampyre

Quote from: benebob on October 05, 2016, 01:45:15 AM
Man that sucks, $40 for a new one.  Guess it just made sense to replace those brass seperate adjusters with something that makes you go to the stealership...  Then when they stop selling parts you need to junk the bike and buy a new one.
there are thousands of used parts on German Ebay (ebay.de). You can collect another bike from there:)
885i T709 1999

Timbox2

Its part of the throttle cable though and cant see how you would replace it anyway, the inner has a soldered nipple which would have to come off??
But I see that a US bike breaker on ebay is asking more for a second hand one than they are new over here, its not often we in the UK come out better off, I can buy new for £20 odd or second hand for £12.
2016 Tiger Sport