News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

My fuel tap

Started by bemusedinsojo, November 11, 2016, 05:49:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff W

The filter has the inlet at the bottom and outlet at the top. It always looks to me like it has very little fuel in it, just enough to fill about 1/4" of the filter if that. I will try a new filter as this one has been on for over a year. Might try a slightly more expensive one as this one was as cheap as chips.
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

Beernard

Hi All,
Just a thought here re fuel taps. I have bought several bikes (including my Tiger) that had a defective Reserve and let me down on the first attempt to use it (very inconvenient). Upon inspection, the Reserve circuit of the tap was clogged. Easy clean, but I imagine that there is a reason. Perhaps the PO rarely used the Reserve. As the Reserve circuit drains from the very bottom of the tank, so (especially if no internal filter exists - like my Tiger), it naturally collects crud. Therefore, I now regularly switch to Reserve on all my bikes whether I need to or not - to keep the circuit clean. Has worked well for some time.
Also the attached pic may help someone with external filter set-up.
Ripper, woke up again.