News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Steamerless after 17 years......

Started by London_Phil, April 12, 2017, 06:32:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

London_Phil

Just watched Danwarb ride away on his new toy, and waved goodbye to nearly 17 years of Steamer ownership.
Last minute hiccup with sidestand switch, but hopefully he's on his way back to Brighton with a grin.
Feel a bit weird about it if I'm honest, right thing for me at this point, I think, but still a wrench after all that time.
Anyhow
About that 800XC.......

Sin_Tiger

:icon_cry:  :wave I really can't begin to imagine what that feels like and have no wish to know so please don't go into detail.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Danwarb

Phil, you've been amazing with the care you've taken to ensure a smooth sale of your bike to me.

You've absolutely loved this machine, your care to detail is evident all over the machine.

I promise you, your old Steamer couldn't have gone to a better home.

Again, thanks so much.

:bowdown
Black 1995 Tiger 885
Every day is a school day.

threepot

Nice post guy's. Just shows the effect these bikes have on us,and the affection we have for them.

Now tell me again..how do I get the f#@$&%g airbox off!! :bad
95 Super111
96 Tiger

bemusedinsojo

Phil,
You have been a great help to me keeping my Steamer alive. Thanks for everything and I hope you will drop by Steamerville every now and then.

London_Phil

Thanks Guys, appreciate the sentiment.
Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere away from this board, too much fun.
Still have the 800xc, so still in the family.
Anyway, we now have the Great London Steamer Stash Sale to come.
Anyone want a £2K headlight........

Danwarb

Phil, why don't you buy another Steamer and go all round restoring and owning one again?

:bad
Black 1995 Tiger 885
Every day is a school day.

London_Phil

Quote from: Danwarb on April 13, 2017, 10:50:03 AM
Phil, why don't you buy another Steamer and go all round restoring and owning one again
:bad
As you saw Dan, I really need to get my WLA45 Liberator restoration back on track...
However, there is a blue Steamer on eBay............lol

ned37

95 blue steamer
04 husaberg fe650e

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

London_Phil

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on April 14, 2017, 11:55:08 AM
Where  :bug_eye  :rfl

Yeah, like I'm going to tell you................................

London_Phil

John Stenhouse

That's a little on the high side for a non runner.............OK we all know a carb clean will get it going, BUT!
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

London_Phil

It wasn't that high when I last looked.
Fold

Sin_Tiger