News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Steamer Indicators, a Treatise.....of sorts

Started by London_Phil, April 19, 2017, 08:34:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

London_Phil

Right, mainly for Sin, but for all Steamer owners, it seems Indicators are becoming an issue.
I think its possible that late model Steamers had slightly different units, but for most, you have the OEM square ones, on the 3" shaft.
Now, it would seem that other than spills and accidental damage, a lot of the shafts seem to fail.
Mostly., I think its mechanical, with vibration, and reaction to chemical agents, that cause the shafts to split or fracture at the point where the bolt mounts.
So, if you order from Triumph, what will you get.....
Probably this, from Fowlers online parts
Indicator Spares Kit
T2700925
Replaces 2700069-T0301 2700068-T0301
lens for these indicators is part number T2700672

This is not the indicator we want, so, what to do....

Basically,other than scouring Ebay for Tigger ones,  be aware that I have found Guzzi ones from same era  from Moto Guzzi 1000S, Cali 3 IE, Mille GT, Nevada 750 (1991-1993)  will have same shaft, which allows swapsies.
Look for Honda CB500 indicators, which are VERY similar to OEM Steamer.

Of course, other triumphs of same era will have possibly same stalk, with different head, so some opportunities.
No silver bullet I'm afraid, but I hope its at least helpful

ssevy

Mine cracked during a trip, and I used some old hack saw blades and silicone tape to splint one to finish the trip. When I returned home, I ordered one from Triumph, and to my surprise, I got a pair instead of just one. I mounted them, and they were just the same as what was on it, but I remember Sin made a comment about "girly indicators", and I assumed he was talking about my new lights(I hope so)?
So, exactly what were the original ones?
I may not be big, but I'm slow.

London_Phil

Not easy to see, but this is the older, original style