News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Chain slider

Started by bemusedinsojo, May 08, 2017, 04:36:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bemusedinsojo

Hello,
I took my slider off because it done wore out. But I forgot how it goes back and I can't find directions here either. Normally I can see David in the alabaster but not today. Does anyone have a picture? I can't find it in the manual either other than "refresh as needed."

Thanks for help. I'm new to this and still do stupid shit.

Nick Calne

Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

bemusedinsojo

Bottom. I haven't seen a top one yet.

ssevy

Here's the bottom one:

And here's the top:

I may not be big, but I'm slow.

Mustang

search button ...............

use "rub block".................fo search query

lots of readin'......................................

bemusedinsojo

Thanks guys for your replies and photos and thanks mustang for giving me the correct term to search (isn't a slider a small burger anyway?). The chain is on and no longer flopping like a fat man jogging.

bemusedinsojo

Is it possible it runs better with a new slider?

ssevy

It may feel smoother because you don't have the vibrations from a chain rubbing on metal. I can always tell if my chain needs adjusting by the way it shifts. I usually run it a bit on the loose side, only because I do lots of long touring on it, and I carry quite a load when I do :icon_redface:
I may not be big, but I'm slow.