News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Back from a ride and saw this

Started by TX_Grubby, June 23, 2024, 07:57:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TX_Grubby

Went out for my weekly Sunday sanity ride. When I got back home, and after parking I noted a spot of oil underneath the bike. Any thoughts? I wiped it all down to see if I could locate where it came from but nothing since. Recently had the 24k Service done.

TigerShark

Quote from: TX_Grubby on June 23, 2024, 07:57:07 PMWent out for my weekly Sunday sanity ride. When I got back home, and after parking I noted a spot of oil underneath the bike. Any thoughts? I wiped it all down to see if I could locate where it came from but nothing since. Recently had the 24k Service done.

Did you resolve this, TX? My first thought would be "Does this oil match what you lubricated your chain with?"

If not, and since it has the look of engine oil, I would suspect the seal behind the countershaft sprocket. (I recall this can be caused by a drive chain adjusted with too little slack, putting excessive tension on the countershaft.)

If the seal is the issue, and though I've not had to do it on my Tiger with 108,000 miles, I think it's a fairly simply replacement of the seal.